What's new

Jane Eyre (1943) - Twilight Time 11/12/13 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
What an evocative cover...breathtaking!

Joan Fontaine in the title role, Orson Welles as Rochester, and even a brief, uncredited appearance from a young and very beautiful Elizabeth Taylor. I love this film, and can't wait to own it on Blu!

1235983_652190001466336_358092964_n.jpg

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like that cover, too. This is my favorite version of Jane Eyre. There are more faithful versions, but this one works best as a movie IMO.

Young Liz is very memorable as is Peggy Ann Garner as young Jane. Really a great cast throughout.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am looking forward to this one. I love the cast, three folks I really enjoy, and, yet, I have never seen this version.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Beautiful cover art. I have to confess that I've never seen this film, but this is going to be a blind purchase based upon the cast and crew. Cinematography by George Barnes is enough, in and of itself for me to see this feature.

- Walter.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Looking forward to checking this out even though my favorite version of this story remains the George C. Scott/Susannah York television movie...what a killer cast this Fox version has!!!

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
I'll be buying this new issue in preference to the more recent one. When working with the late and very lovely Susannah York many years ago she told me that rehearsals were sketchy as George C Scott didn't welcome interruptions to his poker games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks