What's new

Jan-Michael Vincent Passes Away at 74 (1 Viewer)

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Sad news. I was most familiar with his role in my favorite Charles Bronson film, The Mechanic. Great '70's thriller, with a fantastic ending.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
He left behind some fine work...The Mechanic and Bite the Bullet have already been mentioned. I find his 1970 television movie Tribes with Darren McGavin and his 1976 feature film Baby Blue Marine to be particularly memorable and effective too. RIP.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
He was kind of Brad Pitt for the '70s and '80s. It is a shame that his career got sidetracked by his personal problems; he had a lot of unrealized potential. Tribes and The Mechanic were probably my two favorite works featuring JMV. His performances in both of those titles really showcased his charisma and an affinity for the camera that felt effortless. RIP Mr. Vincent.

- Walter.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I liked "The World's Greatest Athlete" when I was a kid. Even then I knew it was silly, but it was fun.

Reactions: PMF

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
His final TV role was a 1997 episode of "Nash Bridges", as Nash's (Don Johnson) long-M.I.A. Vietnam vet brother who resurfaces after 25 years, but may be involved in some major criminal activity.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I usually don't participate in RIP threads, but I find this whole story very peculiar. Vincent apparently died on February 10th, but the press didn't find out about it until March 8th, when somebody turned up a death certificate? The other odd thing is, his birth year has always been reported as 1944, yet the death certificate has it as 1945. Weird.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I usually don't participate in RIP threads, but I find this whole story very peculiar. Vincent apparently died on February 10th, but the press didn't find out about it until March 8th, when somebody turned up a death certificate? The other odd thing is, his birth year has always been reported as 1944, yet the death certificate has it as 1945. Weird.

I noticed this too. This reminds me of when actress S. Locke (best known for her roles in The Heart is a Lonely Hunter & numerous Clint Eastwood films in the '70's & '80's) died last Fall/Winter. IIRC, her death wasn't reported until about a month?! after it happened. I completely understand the need for privacy, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks