Jamo speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick L, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Anyone here have Jamo speakers? I listened to a pair last night, the E 800's I believe. They were a little on the bright side, but were being powered by a Yamaha receiver and they were new. Do these settle down any when they get broken in? I would be powering them with a H/K reciever and I know its not on the bright side. Any ideas, the shop I listened to them at does not do in home auditioning so thats out[​IMG] I may end up just passing on them since I can't compare them at home.

2. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a Onkyo with a Jamo Apollo 310ADD.3 Satalites (4 satalites, 1 center, and 1 9" Powered Sub)... they sound beutiful...

What is you main purpose of these speakers? Home Theater? Sterio? Maybe take them home and try them...

Do you have a "The Great Indoors" near you? if so, they carry Jamo... and "the great indoors" is owned by sears... they don't tell you that... but why else would Kenmore be there? maybe decide which ones you like after listening to them... buy them there... then... take them back if you like them or don't... then find your best deal...

I really love the sound of them...

Bill