What's new

Jamo in-wall speakers.. How good? (1 Viewer)

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
I am drilling down my home theater in-wall choices to the Niles HD-LRS speakers or the Jamo 626K3 (LRS) speakers.
Anyone have experience with Jamo in general? I cannot find many Jamo reviews on the web.
Thank you!
-Eric

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I helped a buddy put some in. Overall, I was impressed for what they cost. I don't remember the model numbers but we put 8"ers in front and 6.5's in the rears, with a jamo center and small sub.
I have no idea how they compare to the Niles.

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. Do you remember if the Jamo's came with everything needed to install? For the Niles speakers, the rough-in kit and grill are sold seperately.
-Eric

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Eric, I have some Jamo A310s, which are reasonably small and inexpensive. The sound, for theifr size and cost is fairly good, but noticeably lacking in the mid-range, especially the lower mid-range. I do not expect that is true for all their products, only this model.
I’ve compensated for some of these speaker’s deficiencies by raising the subwoofer crossover in my receiver, thereby sending some of those frequencies to the sub.
My longer-term plan is to replace them with better speakers.
I can’t comment on your model, other than the specifications given on Jamo’s home page don’t look too bad.
This link will take you there. Go to the Custom Assortment in the product list and download the catalog.

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
Great! Will do. One consistent problem I come across, is where to purchase speakers like these. There are three authorized dealers in Washington state and they are all several hours from here. There is, however, a local dealer that is Niles Audio authorized... I guess that should be a deciding factor for any reasonable person, but I am looking for a good price too, so that leads me to dealers on the web... Anyway, thanks for the link!
-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks