What's new

Jamo E 6CEN sounding dull (1 Viewer)

maddog_1

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hi guysI'm new hereI have a Jamo E 6CEN speaker , i have noticed this past year the sound has become dull. My floorstanding speakers Jamo E670 have better sound in the top end. I have been trying to find what tweeter and woofers i can put into it to make it sound better. The part number for the tweeter is 20137 and the woofer is 20638.The ohm indepence for the whole unit is 6 ohm, but the woofers are 4 ohm . Plus i have noticed in the manual it say 2 woofers , 2 midrange woofers but when i looked its all the same part number . The tweeter i was a bit shocked by when i seen it , it looks like a very cheap tweeter that you find in in $10 speakers

its got 4 woofers and one tweeterMy receiver is integra 6.8Mark

maddog_1

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hi , yes there is sound coming from all woofers and tweeter. i have had them since 2002 and its recently gone dull , like there is no high freg from the tweeter,

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have been trying to find what tweeter and woofers i can put into it to make it sound better.
You can't just put random speakers in and expect it to sound better. The cabinet would built with the speakers in mind. The crossover was designed for those specific speakers.
Hi , yes there is sound coming from all woofers and tweeter. i have had them since 2002 and its recently gone dull , like there is no high freg from the tweeter,
Do you have any type of measuring equipment to test with? Even an SPL meter would be helpful. Is this happening on both speakers or just one? Have you checked your crossover for leaky capacitors?

As you get older, you slowly lose the ability to hear high frequencies. Have you had your hearing tested?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks