What's new

Jamo D7LCR Speaker Installation (1 Viewer)

arjundeepakshriram

Stunt Coordinator
I am the owner of the above mentioned speaker. My queries are that the speakers come with two sets of terminals at the back. I would like to know that since I plan to wall mount the speakers, which terminals should I be using (upper or lower), and also whether I should be using the supplied bridges or not in either case. Many thanks in advance for any reply.

arjundeepakshriram

Stunt Coordinator
schan1269 said:
Read your manual...

Yes on the bridges, and once those are installed...pick a pair.

Unfortunately, I had thrown away the manual after opening the speaker boxes (how dumb). Luckily, I was able to figure out from the pdf download, that normally only the upper terminals are used. So, I did just that. And, even better, I looked at the back of the speaker, and it was all written right there in plain english. It said NOT to use the bridges for wall mounting, which is what I did. Thanks for the help anyway.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
arjundeepakshriram said:
It said NOT to use the bridges for wall mounting, which is what I did. Thanks for the help anyway.

Very strange that the manual said that, since the bridges have absolutely nothing to do with how speakers should be mounted.

Speakers with dual sets of binding posts have them so that the speakers can be "bi-amped" - meaning you can have two separate amplifiers running to each speaker. One set of binding posts feeds the tweeter (and maybe the mids in a 3-way configuration) and the other set of binding posts feeds the woofers. If you aren't bi-amping the speakers, then you use the bridges so that both the tweeter and the woofer are tied together electrically - allowing one set (either one, it doesn't matter) of binding posts to be used.

Do the grilles come off the speaker? If so, leave the bridges off, and connect to just the upper binding posts. Put you finger on the woofer while you're playing stuff. Does it move? Probably not. It's electrically isolated from the tweeter if there are no bridges and only the upper posts are connected to your receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks