Jamo Apollo's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack_Geo, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Jack_Geo

Jack_Geo Stunt Coordinator

Hello all...

I came across a deal on a Jamo speaker package, but don't really know anything about these speakers.

I'm buying a Denon 2802 receiver and am looking to set up a 6.1 system. The deal is 5 Jamo Apollo speakers, an Acoustic Research center channel and the Jamo sub.

Can anyone comment on these compact speakers? I've been looking at the Energy's, the HTD Level 2's, the Axiom Epic Micro's, and now, the Jamo's.

Obviously, I'm staying in the size / price range and couldn't find anything about these speakers.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

2. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up an Onkyo 595 and a 5.1 speaker set from jamos (4 satalites, 1 center, and a 9" powered sub)... I got the 310 bundle (I think it's 310ADD.3, the .3 + 9" sub)... I think they sound wonderfull...
    I am not sure about the 6.1 systems... But I definatly know you need one more speaker... is it a rear center? or just a rear surround...
    My thoughts are... if you like the sound of the Jamo's.... Buy a 310ADD.3 bundle... Or... if you want slightly bigger speakers... get a 330ADD.3 bundle (they look the same as the 310ADD.3 bundle but the center and satalite channels are slightly bigger) figure out what the 6th channel does... and buy a MATCHING speaker from jamo...
    FYI the Jamo Apollo's are the 310ADD.3 and 330ADD.3's... if you think that a 9" sub is too big (I don't)... they have 310ADD.2 and 310ADD.1 which come with smaller subs...
    Be carefull...
    http://www.jamo.com/consumer/product...?id=A+310ADD.3
    the new Jamo Apollo speaker bundles come with a TRUE center channel (and come in a variety of colors, I got silver)... and the OLD bundle doesn't... I didn't know this and almost saved some money online... but after learning that they were different.... I beet up my local dealer that I've been dealing with for 10+ years... and told him that I want his absolute best price on a Onkyo 595 and the Jamo 310ADD.3 bundle... THE BEST deal... and I walked out the door with them two weeks later for $1029.00... So I ended up spending $29.00 more buying it locally and didn't have to wonder if they where "B" stock or "Damaged"...
    If you want to know anything else... Let me know... I will try to help you...
    You can also e-mail Deborah Hugg @ jamo's sales department and she can answer any questions you might have... Quick responces from jamo also let me realize that they are a first class company... (good thing I didn't base my receiver off of e-mail responces, seeing I never ever got one from Onkyo)...
    Jamo, isn't well known in the US... but in europe, they are very well know, and from what I have learned... they are the top over there... and europeans are pickey...
    Good luck...
    Bill

3. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

opps...
    Deborah Hugg's e-mail is...
    dh@jamo.cc