What's new

Jamie Cullum Twentysomething SACD (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Friends,

I picked this up yesterday and I must say that I am very impressed, having listened to the Red Book and SACD layer.

This kid, all of 24, is very talented sort of a cross between Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, and Harry Connick Jr. He has an interesting voice and does some great original tunes including a wild Jimi Hendrix cut.

This is good jazz-pop crossover that I would recommend for those of you looking for a different pop title on Super Audio. :emoji_thumbsup:

:)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I forget to thank Nick because I first became aware of this album from his earlier thread.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I've been pretty busy for the past few months and have been meaning to spread the word about JC here on the HTF. I should have known that Lee would have beat me to it!

I became aware of him through an article in Stereophile a few months back and happened to stumble upon his SACD while in Best Buy one day. I decided to pick it up, but didn't open it as I wanted to re-read the article. After doing so, I got really curious to hear the disc. My wife and I were hooked from the first spin. The covers were familiar yet had his own special touch to them and the originals were excellent. Plus, the sonics on both the redbook and SACD layers were wonderful. We've listened to this disc (seemingly) hundreds of times since then and we never grow tired of it. It as if this music has breathed some much needed fresh air into the new music scene while at the same time not shunning the past and all of the great artists that came before.

We caught him live in concert last week at a small venue here in Atlanta and had a great time. This guy is the real deal. If you have a chance, I highly recommend going to see him...he is all the better live. In fact, he was just on Austin City Limits this past Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks