What's new

James Sunderland Isn't very smart ***Silent Hill 2 SPOILERS*** (1 Viewer)

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
Seriously, he isn't. Case in point:
SPOILERS coming...
In the hospital, he does all that searching around for something he already had. A piece of hair was needed to combine with the hook, so instead of pulling hair out of his own head, he had to get it from the box.
Also, In the apartments, he reaches for a key that Laura kicks away. Why didn't he use his wooden plank with the nail in it?
I know I'm just being picky, but it's merely an observation. I love the game, but if I was in his situation, I wouldn't be wandering around that town needlessly or sticking my hand in dark unknown places either.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Dude, the fact that he is there is enough for me to smack him upside the head!!! :)
My fiance was watching me play and I commented to her that If she died from a disease and I saw the body get buried ther would be no way in hell I would show up to find her in that fog ridden town. The minute I saw that fog and the first creature I'd be well on my way to the car :). I told her she would be shit out of luck with me cause I would turn around and forget I even got the letter
biggrin.gif

She of course bitch slapped me but it was worth it for the look on her face
smiley_jawdrop.gif
(she knew I was kidding...or was I?)
Seriously I love my woman to death and would do anything for her but you gotta have perspective :)
[Edited last by Romier S on October 01, 2001 at 06:22 PM]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, precisely. You love her to death, but no further. I'm sorry, but while I adore my girlfriend so much we are getting married, she just wouldn't be the same if she was a zombie.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. If my wife turned out to be a letter writing zombie in a wierd extremely foggy town, she'd be on her own. The vow of marriage does NOT say, "In sickness and undead". :)
Also, why is James so trustworthy with everyone he meets? Even when he met Angela, he was pretty comfortable with her. Eddie too. He meets Eddie immediately following the Pyramid head encounter, and they become "friendly". At least I can understand the feelings he had for Maria, and Laura, being a child. But he was way too trusting for a lone man in a creepy town looking for his dead wife. Still a great game though.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I think James is just an all around relaxed guy man. Look at him throughout the game , he's pretty damn composed!!! I tell you what, the minute I would lay eyes on Pyramid head I would have to drag my pants along with me while I run cause I would have shit my self and cried like a little bitch!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread