What's new

James Subwoofers??? (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
I found these subs very interesting. Read all the rave reviews. I have listened to one briefly and I going back today armed with reference DVDs and SACDs. I will post my findings. They are expensive but at first listen blow everything I have heard away in the areas I deem important. Anyone else out there with any real world experience. Thanks.

Eric A

Second Unit
Jesse,
Yes I have heard an SVS. I have owned dual 25-31CS+'s and dual 16-46Cs's. Great subs and that's all I will say about that.;) I went ahead and listened to the EMB-1000 today but it wasn't set up properly and they couldn't do the sub justice. I will say this though, the 1000 is impressive for its size and speed. I was shocked at how well it could really go low and play with authority. It was lightning quick. All this from a 12 inch cube. This is not a Sunfire though. The authority is there without all the overhang and bloat. The dealer also had a Revel B-15. I was amazed at how well the EMB-1000 stacked up. It could play as 98% as low but not nearly as loud down that low. The Revel had more authority but wasn't nearly as quick. This really showed me how great the EMB-1000 is as it was 90% of the Revel in the output department but much quicker. The B-15 is no slouch in the speed department either. The dealer told me the EMB-1500 would be neck and neck with the Revel but if what I heard was any indication, I think the EMB-1500 will be better overall because of speed. I cannot find anywhere that has the EMB-1500 that I would be interested in. And BTW, the finish and build quality is outstanding. Oh well, I guess I'll just order one up anyway.:D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The James subs have interesting technology, but I don't think I have seen measurements yet. (Distortion vs output vs freq a la Tom Nousaine, etc.) ?? Plus, they are expensive.

Another "problem" is that they only have the 0/180 phase switch. A variable phase knob is better. Especially for the price they are charging. :)

Eric A

Second Unit
Distortion was listed as .5% full spectrum freqency of the subs limits. Phase is not a problem with me as I will be EQing the sub with equipment that will give full phase adjustabilty.

To everyone, please reread my original thread. I am looking for real world experience, not just guesses. To many times people just see something on a spec sheet or a review and they become an expert and then the product becomes lousy just because someone heard from their aunt who heard from the neighbor whose son was reading on the internet how bad the XYZ product was. Thanks.

I guess I just killed this thread.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks