What's new

James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'll be checking it On Demand tomorrow but thanks to being Jim Cameron, he was able to get amazing guests.
It also puts Cameron back in the public consciousness as we move toward the upcoming AVATAR movies.

The first episode wasn't what I was expecting. I just assumed, incorrectly, it was going to be Spielberg and Lucas talking shop with Cameron for an hour. But it was basically just a clips show. And I really didn't learn anything new I already didn't know. Spielberg and Lucas did talk to Cameron a little, but didn't say anything I hadn't already heard them say before. It wasn't bad at all. I guess I was just expecting something different.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It also puts Cameron back in the public consciousness as we move toward the upcoming AVATAR movies.

The first episode wasn't what I was expecting. I just assumed, incorrectly, it was going to be Spielberg and Lucas talking shop with Cameron for an hour. But it was basically just a clips show. And I really didn't learn anything new I already didn't know. Spielberg and Lucas did talk to Cameron a little, but didn't say anything I hadn't already heard them say before. It wasn't bad at all. I guess I was just expecting something different.
There was the occasional tidbit I didn't know about, like the lady who was ET's hands. For the most part it was a talking heads show and not very informative. I will keep watching.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Pretty scattershot in its approach to the subject; they obviously don't trust viewers attention spans enough to present any kind of sustained historic narrative or thru line, they just jump around. Oh yeah, we promo-ed Spielberg, let's get back to him. Oh, yeah, squirt a little Lucas in there. I've seen much better documentaries as extras on science fiction classics.

And Cameron better acknowledge his enormous debt to The Outer Limits somewhere in the series, or that will be the elephant (or should I say Qarlo and Bertram Cabot Jr.) in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks