What's new

James Cameron involved with 'Alien 5' Rumor (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Excellent news, if true. Aliens was my second favorite to Alien. If Ridley does not do 5, than Cameron would be an excellent replacement.
My only hope is that Weaver stays out of it, but that is not likely to happen.
Peace Out~:D

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
This is great news, even though I dont think the series really as another installment in it. But if Cameron or Scott do it, itll be good.

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
I would be in heaven if it was true but I can't beleave it.

Cameron can do whatever he wants after Titanic. He's into Mars, IMAX 3D, Anime and whatever. And he already made the perfect scifi-actioner. Aliens can't be topped and Cameron must know this. This is just another false rumour.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing's wrong with Weaver, but the films are supposed to be about the Aliens. There are so many interesting stories they can still tell, but as the series progresses the films fall apart trying to keep Ripley as the main character.

Her popularity is probably considered a 'sure thing' in the eyes of the producers, so they'd rather tell increasingly worse stories with her involved than get creative and tell new stories with risky new characters.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Back to back posts....

Just a couple ideas: Aliens on Earth, or Hunting down the origins of the Aliens

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Nothing is wrong with her, but like Sam said, the movies are about Aliens and too much of the later films focused on her, instead of the Aliens.
Peace Out~:D

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Just a couple ideas: Aliens on Earth, or hunting down the origins of the Aliens
It's "Alien origins or bust" (with or without Ms. Weaver as the Ripley-clone). An Earth-bound story would be so borrrring! We've seen it a hundred times over.
I'm not sure there should be a further "episode", but if they're going to do it, it should explorer the subtext of the aliens' human-like intelligence, which has been more than hinted at, but never yet explored, in every single previous "Alien" movie. These creatures are obviously more than just "killing machines". But what are they really, and what do they want ultimately? Sigourney Weaver herself asked these questions in an interview published shortly after the release of Aliens (1986). Unfortunately, they've still never been answered.
Question is, would Mr. Cameron be the best director for such a story? We've already had two movie "shoot-'em-ups". I don't think we need a third.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I can see the scene toward the ending now...

...Ripley wakes up from a deep sleep like she did in his previous effort. She walks, nightgown flowing into the wind and realizes that she is standing on the bow of a ship. Suddenly a Queen comes up from behind her and wraps it's scaling arms around her waist. They both stand proudly in the wake of the wind and proclaim they are the Queens of the world....

THEN...reliving the horrid memories of her past, she cast the Queen into the depths of the ocean, never again to resurface, keeping the Company from it's valuable prey...

Shad R

Supporting Actor
They should do what Halloween did, ignore 3 and Reserection and make the new Alien a direct sequel! (3 and ress sucked!)That would be sweet, then she could still be alive, and they could take it in another direction! Either that, or a prequel!

Users who are viewing this thread