What's new

James Brown "Godfather of Soul" Dies at 73 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
James Brown, the "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a founder of rap, funk and disco, died early Monday, his agent said. He was 73.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It always seems like somebody famous always passes during the Holiday season. Very sad news! One of the greats that really shaped the music world over the last 50 years. It seems just like yesterday when I was in college back in the early 1970s and a radio station I listened to on a daily basis would play James Brown music all day long. He sure lived an eventful life, I don't know if he was happy at the end, but it was an exciting life either way you look at it. May he R.I.P.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The T.A.M.I. Show (1965) is still not available. Maybe someone could put out a nice version as a tribute to "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business".

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed him a lot in the late 60s. My sister and me went to one of his concerts in 1968. RIP Mr. Brown.

M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mate
I missed a chance to see him in my country, 41 days ago. I feel so stupid and sad now...

REST IN PEACE SOUL BROTHER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks