What's new

JAMES BOND ULTIMATE COLLECTION (1 Viewer)

CameronMcC

Second Unit

i swapped the disc, not once but twice. none of the three copies i have had have worked across three seperate players...however every other disc in the sets have worked fine...what should i do at this point?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I guess that is all you can do.

I'll probably just hold on to mine, and pick up another copy of FRWL when the individual sets are released, or hope my next players play it.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
the two players that won't play it
Zenith DVD 2201
Toshiba SD -3950

plays on
Pioneer DVD V-7400
duraband pdv - 705 (my daughter 80 dollar portable)

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
For you guys that are having problems playing them, do the discs have that cloudy look? Mine play fine (*knock on wood*) and they don't have a cloudy appearence like others have noted.

AlexK

Grip
Uh oh, yet another UE problem! I only have vol. 1 & 2 so far, so I haven't seen OP in person. But I do have AVTAK, and is it just me or is this transfer slightly squeezed as well? I think your screenshot from AVTAK shows it, too. Granted, it's not very obvious. But when I put in the DVD today (before seeing your screenshot) it immediately irritated me.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
i have tried 4 disc of FRWL. None of them have been scratched, cloudy, rotted, etc. Just won't play in the above listed players. WHile I am sorry to hear that Brazil had problems, it does give me hope that this may be a straight defect that a recall may come up.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

It is only "squeezed" by comparison to the previous edition. One could just as easily say that the old one was "stretched". Without accurate geometrical measurements of Sir Roger Moore's head, both statements are equally true and false.

-Lyle J.P.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Indeed. Yet again, people look for any difference between the SEs and UEs and immediately denounce the UE if it displays any differencies. In fact the so called "squeezed" UE looks more correct than the SE.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Although I have made judgements already, I think we should all wait (if it ever happens) for Lowry to address all the aforementioned issues in this thread.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
have R1 UE of 1&3 and i have had no problem with any disc or with the way the picture looks. i do belive this is the way they were meant to be shot.wide but not so much on the sides.and the DTS on goldeneye is awesome.my new demo disc.

Dave - A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave

I noticed the same thing as well on YOLT and Moonraker. On YOLT it seems to be a layer change as my player displays "search" briefly as it normally does for a layer switch. It is just an odd place to put the change; earlier in the movie than expected as well. As for Moonraker, the player reads "search" again just before the 57:00 mark and again just after the 59:00 mark. This is pretty weird as I would think one layer change would suffice :P They are also in rather conspicuous spots as well. And there being two of them (especially so close together) is really annoying. Anyone else experiencing the Moonraker hiccups?

This player however plays FRWL with no problems at all (Pioneer 79avi). Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks