What's new

James Bond Question (1 Viewer)

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Probably the coolest thing about this new set of releases is that they plan to include the original mono tracks (we've never been offered the original Thunderball audio on DVD). This shows that they have some respect for the audience.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing the new mixes if for no other reason than the soundtracks for these movies (aside from Dr. No) were recorded in stereo (unless my ears deceive me) and it would nice to hear the score in stereo, if nothing else, when watching the movie.

My only other hope is that these discs are offered in a two-disc set with disc one being a high bit rate (and no EE) movie-only disc (commentary tracks allowed).

-Reagan

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The website that ran the story on this just happened to do an update this past week! Great timing for this post!!!

Big news here. In addition to the new audio mixes for Dr.No - Golden Gun, all the films (Dr. No - The World Is Not Enough) will have NEW VIDEO TRANSFERS!!! Die Another Day is not being updated, since it just came out.
Also - new expanded extras and deleted scenes for all of the films.
Here is the link:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articl...005.php3?t=&s=

Wow! This news on the 2005 editions just got a whole lot better. I was speculating about other changes, but wasn't sure. Very cool!!!

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I doubt they would go to all this trouble of restoring the films just to release pan and scan versions of the films.

I have all of the films now and I don't know if I'll pick up the new ones. I just finished the collection a few weeks ago. I don't want to buy these new ones and then re-rebuy them when HD-dvd hits.

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I could live with repurchasing the collection...but then again I did get these when they first came out in 99-00 and I've gotten my money's worth out of the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks