James Bond Monsterbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sassan, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Sassan

Sassan Auditioning

Hi everybody,
    just checking if anybody has information on the 007-Monsterbox, containing all volumes of the special editions? It has been out in Germany for about $300!

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Sassan, while you might get a better response from some German members in the regional area, I can help by telling you that here in Europe we didn't get the original US strategy of the three box sets; instead the films were released in order at around one or two a month. So that huge box is the first box set released for the DVDs, presumably all lined up for Christmas, the same way giant VHS boxes have always been. And once again, they don't feel the need to take into account plans for further entries in the series.

3. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

I'll just add that I have spoken to a MGM rep and this monster box is currently not planned for the US.
    Also, while the Bonds SE DVDs have been OOP since Feb they will probably go back into production around the time the new movie is released.
    ------------------

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

damn. I really want them in box sets like my VHS collection. buying them singally would be kind of annoying.