What's new

James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives? (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Just came back. Upgrade and Save applies. More than likely the titles will be in the back so you have to ask for them. Naturally the won't know what you are talking about until you explain and show them on the web site.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Doctorossi said:
I got mine, too. The confirmation says nothing about waiting until street-date. I wonder what the odds are I could walk out with my discs if I went in today.
YMMV: I ordered on BestBuy.com for in-store pickup and the manager wouldn't release the discs until Tuesday citing the in-store advertised release date of 10/23. He was willing, however, to accept my Upgrade&Save DVDs and agreed (in writing) to apply the coupons to my order on Tuesday.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I didn't see anything on BB's site saying these won't be released to customers before the 23rd if you do the in-store pickup. Actually, the release date still says 10/2 so you can go by that if they give you a hard time.

Vortex3D

Auditioning
Real Name
Vortex3D
Craig_Ehr said:
YMMV: I ordered on BestBuy.com for in-store pickup and the manager wouldn't release the discs until Tuesday citing the in-store advertised release date of 10/23. He was willing, however, to accept my Upgrade&Save DVDs and agreed (in writing) to apply the coupons to my order on Tuesday.
At my local BB, they still don't have any of Bond BD when I got to the store to pick up the web order for $9.99 each. The store shelves still don't have any of Bond on display.
Since I wanted to use the $5 DVD trade-in coupon, they did a return and I was able to rebuy the Bond BD that originally had on store pickup. But when they scanned the Bond BD, they now showed as $14.99 each. When checked their own web site, the movies showed up as $9.99 each. After the sales changed the priced from $14.99 down to $9.99, the machine refused to take the $5 trade-in coupon because it's considered double price change. Until the sales asked the manager, they were finally able to sell each Bond for $4.99. And each movie comes with $10 voucher for Skyfall.
Just be nice in front of the sales because at first they didn't quite want to do it but after I explained the store price matching itself to $9.99 shouldn't be considered price matching, the sales were much nicer about trying harder to get to $4.99 for me. Total $15 + $1 salestax + 3 Skyfall movie vouchers.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Vortex3D said:
At my local BB, they still don't have any of Bond BD when I got to the store to pick up the web order for $9.99 each. The store shelves still don't have any of Bond on display.
Since I wanted to use the $5 DVD trade-in coupon, they did a return and I was able to rebuy the Bond BD that originally had on store pickup. But when they scanned the Bond BD, they now showed as $14.99 each. When checked their own web site, the movies showed up as $9.99 each. After the sales changed the priced from $14.99 down to $9.99, the machine refused to take the $5 trade-in coupon because it's considered double price change. Until the sales asked the manager, they were finally able to sell each Bond for $4.99. And each movie comes with $10 voucher for Skyfall.
Just be nice in front of the sales because at first they didn't quite want to do it but after I explained the store price matching itself to $9.99 shouldn't be considered price matching, the sales were much nicer about trying harder to get to $4.99 for me. Total $15 + $1 salestax + 3 Skyfall movie vouchers.
Nah, I tried all that stuff but the store manager held firm on the release date (which is why I stated "Your Mileage May Vary", as all Best Buys don't seem to have the same store policies). As long as I get my U&S $5-off coupons applied on Tuesday I'm good! But thanks! :)

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Craig_Ehr said:
(which is why I stated "Your Mileage May Vary", as all Best Buys don't seem to have the same store policies).
No, they do all have the same store policies, but the "mileage may vary" part depends way heavily on the manager on duty. At least that was my experience as an employee back in the day. We had one manager who always insisted that we never turned down an Amazon price match. I assume he still does. The other three managers at that store, though, refused to do so. And it was corporate policy to not price match Amazon. But that ONE guy was always like "If they leave, they're not coming back, so give them what they want."
Older managers who have been there forever stick by every last rule. Young, new managers typically do the same, because they're recent managers and are terrified of losing their gig (last in, first out and all of that). You've got to find that sweet spot right in the middle. A guy in his mid to late 30s who greets you with a "Hey pal, how are ya?" instead of a "Hello, sir, what can I do you for today?" They're the ones that'll do anything for you if you ask them nicely enough :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So...BB.com shows their three are available for immediate pickup. In store, employee only computer shows they have they in stock. But none are on the shelf. I ask and after 20 minutes and three employees, the answer is they're not allowed to sell them until Tuesday. I ask a few times: then why are they being shown as available on line. The CSR can't answer that.

I then say I could order these on BB.com for in store pick up and have the movies tonight. She shurgs, says she doesn't know and the situation is over.

I do some other shopping down the street and order through my phone. Guess what? I got my confirmation, walked in, got them and walked out.

What an incredibly asinine sequence of events.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Vortex3D said:
Pretty much the same situation for me last night.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I did hit the Walmart Superstore (or whatever they are called) and they had no display, no Bond titles and no idea. Man this has been a poorly executed campagin on the part of Wal-Mart. What's the point of exclusives if they can't uniformly get them out.
Oh, and they had no idea what I was referring to.
For those who have found "Diamonds Are Forever" I've heard the transfer isn't the best--is that true?

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I got "Goldeneye" and "Diamonds are Forever" last night at a local Walmart Supercenter. The didn't have "Octopussy".
I ordered "The Spy Who Loved Me", "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and "You Only Live Twice" from Best Buy online for in-store pickup. I'm going to get them tonight.
We don't have a Target anywhere near me so I guess I'll have to order them whenever they decide to offer them.
Five down, four to go. This is ridiculous.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I managed to get The Living Daylights at Target. Two trips to separate Worst Buy stores have yielded nothing. What a great store non-exclusive.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Getting the Best Buy Bonds is definitely a case of YMMV this weekend.
I ordered YOLT & OHMSS online last night for in store pickup. Got the "Come in & pick them up" confirmation email and everything, but when I went into the store today, the clerk could not find my order on hold. He asked a floor manager, who told him that the release date wasn't until next Tuesday, so I couldn't get them today.
Remaining calm, I pointed out that (a) he was holding a copy of my confirmation email in his hand; and (b) the website said the release date was the 2nd. He tried to argue that last point -- stating that it was the WHOLE set that was released on the 2nd, and not the individual discs -- until I convinced him to, you know, check it out online himself. And, sure enough, the website showed 10/2 as the release date.
He then kept insisting "Well, it's a typo" -- but I wasn't budging (pointing out, once again, that he was HOLDING MY CONFIRMING EMAIL IN HIS HAND.) We danced around for a bit until he finally contacted a higher level manager -- who told him to go ahead and give me the discs! He had to go find them in the storeroom, and they were priced at $14.99. Since I had paid $9.99 online, I figured I'd effectively received the U&S discount, without having to actually turn in any discs. And so, I am happy.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I got all three of mine tonight at Best Buy. I told the guy how they were making us work for them and he was pretty much clueless about the whole thing. No matter.
Mine were priced at $14.99 and had the Movie Money on them but I had already paid $9.99 for them online.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Kenneth, I have had the Best Buy online order/instore pickup fail too many too many times to ever try it again. These recent attempts to find OHMSS were probably the last time I'll go there for any specific item. At least I got The Living Daylights at Target for $9.99.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Picked up OHMSS last night. Did the "In Store Pickup" bit, and it's a good thing I did, too. Even though I got a confirmation e-mail saying "Come get it!," when I got there they still had absolutely no idea where it actually was. So they were freaking out, but only because someone had "Picked" the item without actually physically checking to see if they had it. It was one of those situations where I knew exactly what had happened, and I knew exactly how to quickly tell them to fix the problem, but I couldn't tip my hand because if I did they'd know they technically don't come out until Tuesday :)
My copy also rang up at $14.99, but I got him quite easily to price match to $9.99 (probably because I waited so long), and then he let me use the U&S coupon on top of it. Out the door, with tax, $5.49 for OHMSS. With the $10 movie cash for SKYFALL, on top of it. So not bad. Worth waiting about 15 minutes for the whole thing to go down, certainly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks