What's new

James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives? (1 Viewer)

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
johnSM said:
Hoping they do something similar in the UK also - really only want a select few of my favourite titles.
Not sure about the UK, but in Australia it looks like we're going to get local versions of these US exclusives pretty quickly. Diamonds are Forever is already listed as coming out as a single on 24 October here. Check around and you might find the same thing occurring over there.
We're also getting some interesting individual Bond sets on 24 October, like the Connery Bond Set which has all 6 connery films. There's also an oddball Craig Bond Set which only has the two movies - you'd think they'd wait until Skyfall was released and include that to make a decent set.
Anyway for us overseas folk, the message is that basically the singles are not just going to be US exclusives in the short term.

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I heard today that Target was pulling all copies of their exclusives to release them in the coming weeks. I also observed the the Wal Mart exclusive Connery DVD sets, Vol 1 and Vol 2 have all his EON films, (no NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, but that was expected) 3 on each set. Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the Roger Moore sets also have 3 films on each volume, but A VIEW TO A KILL is not included on either. The Brosnan set has one Volume, and it doesn't have TOMORROW NEVER DIES on it. These releases have been handled very poorly and cluelessly.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
largozxc said:
I heard today that Target was pulling all copies of their exclusives to release them in the coming weeks.
:confused:
Pulling them to release them... ?
largozxc said:
These releases have been handled very poorly and cluelessly.
By now, that's just maintaining tradition for Bond on Blu-ray.

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Apparently Target was obligated to release their exclusives on 10-2. So they did...one copy of each at each store. I guess they didn't "pull" them, they are just not restocking until a certain date, whatever that might be.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
largozxc said:
Apparently Target was obligated to release their exclusives on 10-2. So they did...one copy of each at each store. I guess they didn't "pull" them, they are just not restocking until a certain date, whatever that might be.
Both stores I went to had 4-5 copies of each.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Originally Posted by largozxc /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3986338
There were several copies of each in the store I went to yesterday. License to Kill was amongst them as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Gary Seven /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3986370
There were several copies of each in the store I went to yesterday. License to Kill was amongst them as well.

Of course, Licence to Kill wasn't one of the exclusives.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I was told that single Blu-ray copies of "You Only Live Twice", "OHMSS", and "The Spy Who Loved Me" would be available at Best Buy on October 23rd, after being postponed from the original October 2nd release date.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Filmgazer said:
I was told that single Blu-ray copies of "You Only Live Twice", "OHMSS", and "The Spy Who Loved Me" would be available at Best Buy on October 23rd, after being postponed from the original October 2nd release date.
This whole exclusive effort seems really silly. Just get them all out already!
Pretty frustrating for fans who are trying to pick them up.
I went with the Bond 50 set, but still they should all be out by now.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Osato said:
This whole exclusive effort seems really silly. Just get them all out already!
Pretty frustrating for fans who are trying to pick them up.
I went with the Bond 50 set, but still they should all be out by now.
Agreed!
There's been WAY too much "I heard that..." or "I've been told..." about the delay of these. Either release them or don't. I hate getting jerked around.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Went to Target yesterday hoping to pick up Tomorrow Never Dies, they had absolutely no 007 BRs, frustrating! But I did pickup Little Shop of Horrors.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Persianimmortal /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3986134
There's also an oddball Craig Bond Set which only has the two movies - you'd think they'd wait until Skyfall was released and include that to make a decent set.

Well, what about the George Lazenby set?

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Filmgazer /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3988808
Thanks for the heads up Louis. I was wondering what their alternate release date was going to be.

It will be interesting (or disappointing) to see how many copies they have.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
While you're waiting for the release of those exclusive Bond single Blu-rays, click on link below to see the cool segment on the 50th anniversary of the Bond franchise that aired on "60 Minutes" last night. In particular, it profiles producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson, star Daniel Craig, as well as the gadgets designed by "Q":
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133123n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Jeff Cooper said:
Well, what about the George Lazenby set? :D
The Ultimate 5 Disc Collector's Edition of On Her Majesty's Secret Service is due out soon. Along with the movie, it has over 30 hours of extras on four separate discs, including the much sought after "Under the Kilt" featurette. The set also contains a custom frilly shirt, a Lazenby action figurine, and a vintage copy of Playboy. A steal at just under $300.
By the way, the Australian releases for these "exclusive" singles are all shown as 24 October. Given we're 17 hours ahead of you guys in the US, that reconfirms what Filmgazer said about 23 October (your time) being the real launch date for the remaining exclusives. I'll be snapping up the last two Connerys and the Lazenby, and will finally be able to call it a day when it comes to classic Bond on blu.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Persianimmortal /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/60#post_3989237
The Ultimate 5 Disc Collector's Edition of On Her Majesty's Secret Service is due out soon. Along with the movie, it has over 30 hours of extras on four separate discs, including the much sought after "Under the Kilt" featurette. The set also contains a custom frilly shirt, a Lazenby action figurine, and a vintage copy of Playboy. A steal at just under $300.

Didn't you see the press release? It's an exclusive only at the Piz Gloria restaurant giftshop in Switzerland. And they don't ship off the mountain.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wayne Klein said:
Any idea as to why "Diamonds are Forever" is the only title not available on BD from Wal-Mart online?
Well, it seems it is mainly exclusive to "in-store only" and only at the Wal-Mart Super Centers...who knows why. So the best way to track down a copy is to find a Wal-Mart Super Center...not a regular Wal-Mart as they are somehow not part of the "EXCLUSIVE" and go there and forget about looking in the section of the store where they sell blu-rays and DVDs but instead wander around until you find a Bond cardboard stand alone display...which could be pretty much anywhere in the store...if in fact they are still in the store at this point.
Hey, my question is does a certain store have the "EXCLUSIVE" on You Only Live Twice because I don't think I've seen this one listed anywhere...

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and The Spy Who Loved Me are supposed to be Best Buy exclusives.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
Reggie W said:
Well, it seems it is mainly exclusive to "in-store only" and only at the Wal-Mart Super Centers...who knows why. So the best way to track down a copy is to find a Wal-Mart Super Center...not a regular Wal-Mart as they are somehow not part of the "EXCLUSIVE" and go there and forget about looking in the section of the store where they sell blu-rays and DVDs but instead wander the around until you find a Bond cardboard stand alone display...which could be pretty much anywhere in the store...if in fact they are still in the store at this point.
Hey, my question is does a certain store have the "EXCLUSIVE" on You Only Live Twice because I don't think I've seen this one listed anywhere...
My regular Wal-Mart had Diamonds Are Forever and GoldenEye today. My guess is that Super Centers had them exclusively first and now they are trickling down to the regular stores.
I was there last Thursday and they had no Bond movies but today, new release day, they had two of the three. So, I'm thinking: Oct. 2nd: Super Centers, Oct. 16th: Regular Stores.
Also, there was no display of any kind. They were just mixed in with the other Blu-Ray catalog titles.
I didn't get them since I was able to get all three from their website. Keeping fingers crossed for Best Buy next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks