What's new

James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives? (2 Viewers)

From DVD Aficionado:
A few retailers will also be selling the previously unreleased films individually on Blu-ray on October 2. 'Diamonds are Forever,' 'Goldeneye,' and 'Octopussy' will be available at Wal-Mart, 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service,' 'You Only Live Twice,' and 'The Spy Who Loved Me' will be available at Best Buy, and 'A View to a Kill,' 'The Living Daylights,' and 'Tomorrow Never Dies' will be available only at Target.
However, I can only find the three from Walmart available for pre-order. Does anyone know if Best Buy and Target will have their exclusives Tuesday?

johnSM

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Hoping they do something similar in the UK also - really only want a select few of my favourite titles.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I preordered Octopussy and Diamonds Are Forever from Walmart for delivery because I don't have one near me but I certainly expect to find the others available at BB and Target when I walk in on Tueday. Well, definitely BB - Target is so disorganized and spotty that maybe they won't have them on street date but certainly a few days after. This works for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'd like to get Goldeneye but I hate these exclusives. Amazon Prime has spoiled me for store shopping. What do they cost?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
In Canada, the latter 6 are available at Future Shop/Best Buy (both owned by BB). Not sure about any Walmart exclusives.

I hope these are all readily available on Tuesday. I plan on making a 3 stop trip and getting them all. I'm looking most forward to OHMSS.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Excellent news. I only care about the first 7 films, so I'll be picking up the YOLT, OHMSS, and DAF and my Bond on Blu collection will be complete. Sweet! :cool:

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I am hopeful these show up at Target and Best Buy, but I have seen nothing from Target of Best Buy that indicates they will. Nothing on their websites, notinh in their store ads, the employees know nothing about them.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by largozxc /t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives#post_3982424
I am hopeful these show up at Target and Best Buy, but I have seen nothing from Target of Best Buy that indicates they will. Nothing on their websites, notinh in their store ads, the employees know nothing about them.
I am finding the same thing you did. Not a peep which makes me wonder if we will actually see the Target and Best Buy Bond films this week.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I'm in the "not a peep" category as well. I just called my local Best Buy and spoke with two different people, and both were like "I know what you're talking about, I've seen the box, I haven't heard or seen anything about individual releases."
We've had reports that some Walmarts set theirs out early, so we know that's happening. But Best Buy and Target really, really seem up in the air right now.
I guess I'm lucky that the one I really want is GOLDENEYE, but I was looking forward to OHMSS too...

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
At this point I would be surprised if the "exclusives" are out at Best Buy and Target Tuesday. I know Amazon will have what they are calling the "repackaged" editions of the 11 007 films that had been previously released years ago available starting tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is maybe Best Buy and Taget are waiting to try to sell as many box sets as they can before putting out the individual blu rays.

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I just checked ebay. The three 007 films that Walmart is to have are all listed on ebay from people who plan to sell them after tomorrow. The other 6 blurays that Best Buy and Target are supposed to have are not on ebay, not one of them. I also found a very detailed list of coming bluray releases thru the end of the year. The Bond blurays are listed for tomorrow with no delays or new dates.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm sure BB and Target will have at least a couple of copies of each individual title on hand today but it still feels like it'll be hit or miss. The reports of employees being unaware and the lack of a listing on the retailers' respective sites certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. You kinda wonder what the point is of having exclusives if they're just going to bury them or make them hard to find.

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Think again. I just got back from Best Buy. Still not in their system, nothing in the stock room, nothing on the floor. The employees that helped me were nice, but completely unaware that this was even happening and they cannot confirm if or even when they'll be getting them.
Walmart, on the other hand, had them.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Just got back from all 3 stores. Target had their three exclusives (only 1 copy of each), but had strange pricing:
Tomorrow Never Dies $9.99
A View To A Kill $9.99
The Living Daylights $14.99
At first, I thought the $14.99 on Living Daylights was a misprint. So, I took it to a nearby scanner and sure enough it came up at $14.99. All 3 of the exclusives had a red sticker that said "Only At Target" on them. The only other Bond title they had on Blu-Ray was Licence To Kill.
Best Buy had no idea what I was talking about and kept telling me that I must be thinking of the box set that came out last week. I looked up and down every aisle 3 times and also checked on their in-store computer. Nothing. I try to only use Best Buy only as a last resort, and this experience just reinforces that opinion of them. I realize that they didn't advertise them, but it's pretty obvious that those last 3 titles are going to be exclusives to them at some point. Perhaps they thought they'd sell better if they waited an extra week or two. I would understand that, but not putting them on their website or at least letting us know what is going on is pretty frustrating.
Wal-Mart had tons of inventory, all $9.96 as previously reported.

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I'm going to call Best Buy corporate in a little bit and see what's going on. It's more than likely a waste of time, but I'll let you know what they say.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
MattAlbie60 said:
I'm going to call Best Buy corporate in a little bit and see what's going on. It's more than likely a waste of time, but I'll let you know what they say.
Cool. Do let us know. Unfortunately, they have the 3 that I wanted the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks