What's new

James Bond in 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Time for a 007 film in 4K tonight.

Probably will go to one of my favorites. 62-89.

Wadebran

Auditioning
Real Name
Byron
I foub

I still doubt it would open in Canada while US theaters are still closed.
I did read that studios are adjusting their releases according to how 'under control' the virus is in a particular country or region. So the new Bond, Tenet and Wonder Woman are very likely to be shown theatrically in parts of Europe, China and Canada before they open in the U.S.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I watched licence to kill last night in 4k.

noticed 2 things that I don’t remember seeing before. One is felix’s carnation in the debris.
also the bond theme playing in the score while bond is sneaking around Krest’s hideout.

color looks really good in these 4k versions.
I’m so happy with buying them in 4K digital.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
In fact, there are towns in states like Missouri that are known to be very friendly to outrageous lawsuits against corporations and lawyers work to get their cases tried there because the juries tend to side with the plaintiffs.
noticed 2 things that I don’t remember seeing before. One is felix’s carnation in the debris.
also the bond theme playing in the score while bond is sneaking around Krest’s hideout.

One of my favorite bits of trivia connecting LTK and Spectre...

B0E00A97-BDB6-4A82-A442-BBBECB481262.jpeg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
60th anniversary logo:

Maybe next year for the other films on 4k UHd disc?
Also the Amazon deal may be completed by then.

Attachments

• 0ED8034D-BD04-4581-9062-36D55A104C75.jpeg
    0ED8034D-BD04-4581-9062-36D55A104C75.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 25

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
60th anniversary logo:

Maybe next year for the other films on 4k UHd disc?
Also the Amazon deal may be completed by then.
I Agree Osato. The 60th Anniversary of 007 in 2022 ! :D I would be Shocked if the rest of the Bond films were Not released on 4K UHD Disc ! It's about time. Nobody Does it Better ! ;)
ooooo7.jpg

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I Agree Osato. The 60th Anniversary of 007 in 2022 ! :D I would be Shocked if the rest of the Bond films were Not released on 4K UHD Disc ! It's about time. Nobody Does it Better ! ;)

I’m slowly working through the films on 4k digital iTunes. Live and let die is the next one for me to watch.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I hadn't seen For Your Eyes Only in decades and have been waiting for the Moore Bonds to be released on 4k discs. This seems to be taking a long time so bought the blu ray. Unfortunately it is really lifeless, the worst Bond blu ray I have (although I don't own all of them), what is the UHD like?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Which studio (not talking Sony movies) would release these on UHD BD? I would love to have some of these....especially the Moore movies since I grew up around those.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
Which studio (not talking Sony movies) would release these on UHD BD? I would love to have some of these....especially the Moore movies since I grew up around those.

MGM... who I believe signed a co-distribution deal with WB to replace Fox. But who knows now with the dreaded Amazon sale.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
I don’t think it’s up to Warner. I think MGM would just decide what to release, and WB prints and distributes it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I agree we will be waiting until the Amazon / MGM sale goes through before we see any more 007 4k disc releases.

Hopefully the sale is completed by late this year so that the films can all be released on 4k Blu-ray in the future.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Please pm me if you know of more information about this photo from 1974’s the man with the golden gun:

Attachments

• 5AFF0DF5-6DAE-4453-9270-1B7A73A66051.jpeg
    5AFF0DF5-6DAE-4453-9270-1B7A73A66051.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 27

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
All right, they released the Daniel Craig 4 Bond films in 4K UHD. :) .....But how about the Connery's, Moore's, Brosnan's and Lazenby titles ?? Are they getting released this year, with the New film .....No Time To Die coming in November ?? :huh: View attachment 76450
Why would you want the early films in 4k? They were never 4k.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
In anticipation of the latest instalment, I've been watching the entire series, projected from disc, during the last twelve months, with my son. On the whole, the films don't look bad, with a few exceptions - a bit surprising, considering that these are old masters. Yes, there are some strange window-boxed opening titles and such, but I wasn't too fazed by this. The picture quality on Thunderball was probably the ropiest of the vintage Bonds and Goldeneye is an inexplicable DNR'd mess. Otherwise, everything up to the UHD Craigs was fine by me. Then, suddenly, we get smeary, HDR-slathered, DNR'd pictures, which certainly do not look nice projected. Very surprising, considering that recent SONY UHDs of other, older titles, have been the best I've seen. I don't want everything Bond remastered again to look like that, thank you very much. My son couldn't care less though. He liked every Bond film, except The Man With The Golden Gun (boring), A View To A Kill (Roger Moore looks as old as you, Daddy), and The Living Daylights (Timothy Dalton is too serious).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks