James Bond for Game Cube

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryDavenport, Apr 3, 2002.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I rented this over the weekend and will probably buy it payday.

Anyone know how to defeat Bloch (?) when he's flying around with the jet pack?

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I should tell you that: You're on the last level. Just wanted to point that out if that would influence your buying decision. The game is short but I found it fun and the multiplayer is a blast.

Anyhow, to beat Bloch, use the SSR-4000 Sniper rifle. Snipe him and strafe. He'll fly away through an opening and you'll have to jetpack up and climb up a ramp. Then a CG will occur, after you regain control DON'T MOVE AT ALL(you'll die if you do). Just hit him once withe the MRL-22 and you've won the game.

3. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Just out of curiousity, how many hours of gameplay are we talking about here?

4. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I got to that point in the game (in Agent mode) after about 22 hours (spread over 5 days). The first 4 (or 5) missions I easily got Gold, got silver on the next 2 levels, and barely qualified the last few. I'd rate it better thatn TWINE, almost as good as Goldeneye, but I still yearn for Perefct Dark for the Cube.

5. Donnie Eldridge

Do you have the option of turning off the auto-aim during the single player portion of the game?

6. Rob TT

Rob TT Stunt Coordinator

I know if you play as 00 Agent, the auto aim is turned off,

also, you can turn it off in multiplayer.

7. Donnie Eldridge

Looks like I'll probably pick it up on the Xbox then.

8. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

For those who own multiple systems, IGN just ran a head to head comparison between the Gamecube and Xbox versions of 'Agent Under Fire'. According to IGN, the Gamecube version features a better framerate and faster load times over the Xbox version.
    IGN wrote:

9. Donnie Eldridge

I picked up the Xbox version last week. It was somewhat of a let down. The graphics look good and the sound is great, but the game play is a tad on the easy side. Coupled with really short and simplistic levels it only took me a day and a half to finish the game. I went back to replay it on 00 Agent, but the controls are so bad without the auto-lock that I quickly lost interest. I'll be listing it for trade shortly.

10. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I picked up the X-Box version the day it was released and returned it the next day. I was disappointed....