What's new

UHD James Bond films in Ultra HD blu Ray? (1 Viewer)

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Watched the INSIDE OHMSS short , had forgotten they started planning it in June 1964[1] to follow GOLDFINGER (they scouted some Swiss locations while filming some of the Bond/Tilly stuff), then in 1965 to follow THUNDERBALL (even holding contests to find Bond girls).[2] Kept kicking it down the road.

[1] Dated memo from Eon.
[2] Print ad.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
ChromeJob said:
Pardon my ignorance... Who's Tonia Sotiropoulou? In SKYFALL?
She is the girl seen with daniel at the beginning of the film. Right after the accident.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Will*B said:
You weirdo! :)

I know the feeling: Diamonds Are Forever is pretty much my favourite Bond film...
Much like Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd are my favorite Bond henchmen!

And Moonnraker (1979) is on my Top 5 Best Bonds list.

Then again I like colorized movies (and TV shows) as well.

Lordy I'm such a heretic.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Worth said:
I'm a big fan of Moonraker, as well. I think most of the criticism of it stems from what it isn't, rather than what it is.
Count me in as a fan of Moonraker as well. Sure I wish it didn't have the double-taking pigeon and a few other lame items, but overall it is a supremely entertaining Bond film which is, after all, what these films are supposed to be. While I like and accept Craig's take on Bond, I do long for the escapist days of Connery, Moore, etc where Bond enjoys his job and isn't a post-9/11 morose anti-hero who can't possibly enjoy what he's doing.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
atfree said:
Count me in as a fan of Moonraker as well. Sure I wish it didn't have the double-taking pigeon and a few other lame items, but overall it is a supremely entertaining Bond film which is, after all, what these films are supposed to be. While I like and accept Craig's take on Bond, I do long for the escapist days of Connery, Moore, etc where Bond enjoys his job and isn't a post-9/11 morose anti-hero who can't possibly enjoy what he's doing.

I forgot until i watched it again that Holly Goodhead could actually kick some ass too, a reasonably strong female Bond character.

I feel if they had treated the Jaws character more respectfully instead of the ridiculous love angle they gave him and removed a few lame jokes which didn't work it could have been one of the best Bond films.

I cringe during the moment when Jaws meets the young golden locked girl. I think the music score is generally superb with a fantastic title song but i do wonder what could have been if they had snipped some scenes out and changed a few plot points, i rate it much lower than other Bond films due to some of those scenes but it has some very good individual moments outside of that.

P

Patrick Donahue

In lieu of slapping all of you for liking Moonraker, I'll just say that as much as I'm looking forward to 4K Bond, I'm not looking forward to how much 24 4K discs will cost...

;)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick Donahue said:
In lieu of slapping all of you for liking Moonraker, I'll just say that as much as I'm looking forward to 4K Bond, I'm not looking forward to how much 24 4K discs will cost...

;)

I deserve a slap for even mentioning i like Moonraker, but seriously i do like all the Bond films but some more than others, i'd rate it way down the list of best Bonds due to the silly moments in it, as for 4K UHD Bonds, i think they should do new scans, scanning tech and digital has come a long way since they last did them at Lowry, i'd feel cheated if all they did was put those old scans on UHD.

P

Patrick Donahue

FoxyMulder said:
...as for 4K UHD Bonds, i think they should do new scans, scanning tech and digital has come a long way since they last did them at Lowry, i'd feel cheated if all they did was put those old scans on UHD.
They've been showing new 4K scans theatrically, so I am hopeful.

At least we know we'll get THIS in UHD... ;-)

CN_YqmzWEAEExOx.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Patrick Donahue said:
At least we know we'll get THIS in 4K... ;-)

attachicon.gif
CN_YqmzWEAEExOx.jpg
I'm not holding my breath on that just because of how many films are finished at 2K. It's entirely possible this could be another one not done at 4K, though obviously I'd like to be wrong.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Patrick Donahue said:

They've only been showing new 4K DCPs for the films that weren't originally scanned at 4K. So everything from The Spy Who Loved Me (minus Moonraker) to Die Another Day. Unfortunately, all the other titles seem to be using the old Lowry masters.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Josh Steinberg said:
I'm not holding my breath on that just because of how many films are finished at 2K. It's entirely possible this could be another one not done at 4K, though obviously I'd like to be wrong.

Spectre has got a 4K digital intermediate and was filmed using ARRI ALEXA cameras and ARRIRAW.

http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/workflow/working_with_arriraw/arriraw/format/.

Going by the info on the above page it does not look like the resolution is full 4K ( 3.4K ? ) but it will be very good nonetheless.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Josh Steinberg said:

It's a Sony show, 4K is pretty much a given for a big-budget show like this. Skyfall was given a 4K finish despite having been lensed on the 2.8K Alexa. They've gone back to 35mm anamorphic for Spectre, so it should look absolutely gorgeous. (I know a lot of people drool over Skyfall and it's fine for what it is, but there's a kind of clinical digital sharpness to it that I don't much care for, it was shot flat so that doesn't help. I ♥ anamorphic.)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Is it me or is there something wrong with the fingers of his left hand? Bad Photoshop?

While I might not be that great at photoshop and have alot to learn still, the appearance of his left hand area was not my fault. It appears to me looking at the picture I used that 007 has his left hand in his pocket in that shot.

iQXOulvhUjt0i.png

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Patrick Donahue said:

At least we know we'll get THIS in UHD... ;-)
ChromeJob said:
Is it me or is there something wrong with the fingers of his left hand? Bad Photoshop?
Dave Moritz said:
While I might not be that great at photoshop and have alot to learn still, the appearance of his left hand area was not my fault. It appears to me looking at the picture I used that 007 has his left hand in his pocket in that shot.
Ahem. I was responding to another user's post (clearly quoted in my post), different pic. :-/

AlIf7Jt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks