James Bond DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeremySt, Feb 1, 2002.

1. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Nevermind. Found a copy.

2. RobR

RobR Second Unit

I don't believe there is a James Bond movie titled Nevermind [​IMG]

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I was looking for James Bond Volume 3, but I edited my post afetr I found it. Very tough to find considering it is out of print. Found a few on ebay for $170-200. Finally found it at DVDempire for 100 bucks. Done Deal.

Sorry for the confusion HTFers!

"The jets you are flying against are smaller, faster, and more manueverable,just like the enemy migs. The clock is ticking, and as of now we are keeping score."

- TOP GUN

4. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

I have the first half-dozen or so Bonds, plus SPY WHO LOVED ME, but I've held off buying the others for now. The rumour is that the eventual reissues will be (i.) same supplements, (ii.) slightly different packaging, (iii.) new transfers for all discs, with each movie now presented as a down-conversion from new Hi-Def transfers (similar to how, from what I understand, New Line's SEVEN transfer was created) and the fading issues of the first few Connery Bonds fixed following some restorative efforts, (as Robert Harris speculated back in his HTF chat). There MAY be some new 5.1 mixes in the batch, but the other, more reasonable rumour I heard along with the ones above was that you can possibly expect some DTS tracks to pop up on the Brosnan reissues.

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

6. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Being a big Bond fan, I also hope for some re-issues in the series. Some restoration work on some the early Connery films would be great along with a re-mastered soundtrack. DTS on the Brosnan films would be amazing, although I recently bought a DTS copy of Goldeneye on laserdisc and was totally blown away! [​IMG] Problem is, DTS from a dvd will most likely NEVER sound as good as DTS from an LD. I'm sure MGM will something special for the 40th anniversary of their most popular franchise.

7. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I have all the James Bond DVDs and am very very happy with them. I dont know if I will buy them over again. Probably not.

8. Sam Owens

Sam Owens Stunt Coordinator

The only title I'm going to upgrade is Tomorrow Never Dies. MGM shat all over Australia's R4 DVD buyers by giving us the cut R2 version rather than the uncut R2 version (although they upgraded Goldeneye to the uncut version). However, as I only paid $A399 ($US200) for all 19 discs, I don't think the extra expense of upgrading all titles (if there are changes) will be justified.

Still, there's still good hunting to be had for people capable of playing R4 PAL discs with most Bonds selling in Australia for low-$A20s ($US12) each from some stores.

9. Enrique B Chamorro

Enrique B Chamorro Supporting Actor

I can across something very strange at Borders.

It was a special item that has A James Bond DVD and

a small die cast metal car that matches the car in the

movie. I will go back and check which movies & cars.

It was in a glass case, but I think it was 3 or 4

different Bond films and cars. The car and DVD are

both wrapped in a bigger box.

10. Ed Vandeweerd

Ed Vandeweerd Stunt Coordinator

Hi

I too am a Big Bond Fan and am hoping for DTS tracks for the Brosnan films and a New Hi def Transfer for OHMSS. That would be an improvement since I thought OHMSS was the worst Transfer of the lot. A dd 5.1 mix on "Live and Let Die" would be nice too as long as it isn't artificial sounding.

11. Enrique B Chamorro

Enrique B Chamorro Supporting Actor

I called the Borders in Orland Park, IL

and they have 4 special James Bond sets for $42.99 each.

1) Goldfinger DVD with an Aston Martin die cast car

2) Goldeneye DVD with a BMW Z3

3) Tomorrow Never Dies with a BMW 750i

4) For Your Eyes Only with a Lotus Turbo

12. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

I was told from someone working on the suppliments portion of the DVDs, that each future Bond DVD will be a 2 disc set.

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The Bond DVDs with model cars were a special item mentioned at DVDFile or The Bits or one of those, probably around 3-4 months after the last film came out. It was one of those things where everyone asked "Same discs? Same Transfer?", and the answer was "Yes".

Borders is the only store that I've ever personally seen them in-stock, but I was told that Suncoast also had them at one time, right after their release. Borders is more recent; probably about the last 2 months.

14. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

I saw a couple of these at a Borders in Houston this evening.

15. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    I saw some at Borders, and one at the Virgin Mega Store the other day in Times Square. Fortunately, I already have all of the DVD's and I also have the cars, so I never felt the urge to buy these sets.

Neil