What's new

James Bond DVD Limited Collection??WHEN?? (1 Viewer)

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
I Just noticed browsing that DVDWORLD will have a JAMES BOND COLLECTION as LIMITED EDITION on November 5th, all 19 Movies(Special Editions) in a Metal DVD007 Case that fits 20 Movies. Priced around 169 BP. When will U.S. get this collection, all we get is crappy 7 bonds per box in 3 boxes, I encourage everyone to look under www.dvdworld.co.uk and check it out, looks cool and has every movie!!!! When Will US get One!!!! I'm willing to pay for it, also I hate region2/PAL releases, even though I'm more addicted and informed about DVD than your average J6P, I refuse to buy region2 player to watch PAL movies with 4% slow down, Damn it give bond to the yankees!!!
http://dvdworld.co.uk/product_body.asp?pf%5Fid=65968
THIS IS THE LINK TO THIS EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it's 4% speedup

They put out something similar the last time the bonds were out. I'm guessing it'sa UK only item. You could always buy it, hock the PAL discs and put your R1s in there

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
You right, but where, oh where I'm I going to sell R2 dics here in the states? also WTF is with MGM and their Moratorium on bonds everytime the new bond comes out, WHAT is the Point of doing that?????

Thanks

Lee_eel

Second Unit
R2 beats R1 anytime. The fact there is 4% speed up or whatever (does not bother me in the slightest) is a small problem compared to the jerky, ugly movement on region 1 whenever there is a fast camera pan or a particularly fast action sequence. There is also a very slight improvement in terms of detail and resolution on region 2!

On a different note, i am not sure how reliable DVD World is. They have Jason x region 2 listed as October 28 release and it was only released at the cinema in the Uk July 19th!

Frank S

Grip
"Never Say Never Again" is not an official Bond film. Well, it wasn't produced by EON Productions. The producer, Kevin McClory, had only the rights to the Bond movie "Thunderball" which he did do officially. So basically "Never Say Never Again" is a remake of "Thunderball" with some story tweaks that McClory did on his own.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=4777
MGM have also announced that the "Bond" box set will be back on the 4th of November (£199) with a little added extra. It includes an amazing extra 20th disc - a stunning DVD that features explosive footage, trailers and behind the scenes material from the new 007 film DIE ANOTHER DAY before it is released at cinemas in November!
this is the reason for releasing it again
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks