What's new

James Bond - Die Another Day - Teaser (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Wow, I just came on the net to see if it’s out and it is not! I can’t believe that I saw the new Bond teaser exclusively! Here they just showed the teaser to the new Bond on TV!

The thing that is great about this teaser is that it starts with a gun made of glass. Then it fires a bullet and as the bullet progresses in the gun, it cracks and shatters the gun! Nice!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wonder when it'll be online or in theaters. Is this Brosnan's last Bond movie?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes, you might be surprised to learn that they NEVER show a TV ad for a motion picture release in theaters here. The program was the French version of E.T. I say version and not equivalent because it’s the official version. They get their materials from E.T. only with different commentators.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I've heard that the teaser will be shown theatrically with EPISODE 2. I'm a Bond fan so I'm looking forward to seeing the teaser.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Bond movies are usually off my radar, but this one popped right out in front of my face the other day when I learned that the director also directed the excellent and powerful New Zealand film Once Were Warriors! Now I'll be there opening weekend.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Vickie, don't get your hopes up too far, he also directed the rather pedestrian thrillers "Along came a spider" and "Mulholland Falls".
But I have seen every Bond since "The living daylights" theatrically, so I'll catch this one too. :)
/Mike

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ooops, I forgot to give his name: Lee Tamahori.
Lee Tamahori also directed the Mamet-written film The Edge (which I liked), Along Came A Spider and Mulholland Falls (neither of which I've seen, but plan to check out now).
He was First Assistant Director on 3 films I really like a lot, Utu, Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence and The Quiet Earth.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie, don't get your hopes up too far, he also directed the rather pedestrian thrillers "Along came a spider" and "Mulholland Falls".
Ha! I was writing my 2nd post while you were writing yours. As I said, I haven't seen either.

Will K

Screenwriter
Looks pretty cool, but the question I have...why is there a 20th Century Fox logo on the teaser???

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I believe some cinemas in the UK started running it on Sturday. In Europe at least it should be with AOTC since Fox have international rights to 007 (MGM still have it in the US, Dharmesh).

Dan

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Aye the glass gun shattering as it fires is quite cool, as is the way the edit/cut turns the bullet into a skidding Bond car on a lake of ice. Then it goes into the Bond action music and gives a big montage of stunts and character shots.

Looking good so far, looking forward to the full trailer.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I got the impression that the gun was made of ice, as was the 007 logo, which make sense considering one of the first working titles was "Beyond the Ice." Cool teaser, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks