What's new

James Bond Blu ray Collection - Volumes 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that looks like a set of the best buy steel book editions with someone gun on top/

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor

that is just the steelbook releases with my PPK on the top :D I thought Bond fans would enjoy it

it is a stainless Walther PPK in .380 ACP, a classic piece that never gets old and is one heck of a fine shooter

Bond actually carried a blued PPK in 7.65mm/.32 ACP

-Gary

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Although the gun looked kewl with the set, I knew it was not part of the set. But I thought maybe one could buy the cases somewhere and convert my 2 sets to this.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Although the gun looked kewl with the set, I knew it was not part of the set. But I thought maybe one could buy the cases somewhere and convert my 2 sets to this.

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor

ah I see, I wondered the same, it seems you had to get the steelbooks from somewhere to be able to have these, they cost more but where worth it for sure, I got them at BB for 24.99$ ea.

-Gary

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I seemed to have only a problem with FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. I have a new Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD player. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded their latest firmware, but still couldn't get the film pass the FBI warning. Today, I noticed another upgrade 1.17 and after upgrading, the film seems to play fine.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

A ".jar" file is a Java ARchive file, which is where all of the java code plus most of the graphic/audio elements for the menus (et al) go.

Where did you hear this about a "corrupt .jar file"?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Not sure if all of the titles are accurate, but I saw this listed on Commanderbond.net today:

The second wave of James Bond on Blu-ray titles has been announced, due for release in March 2009.

The six new titles include: Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, The Spy Who Loved Me, Licence To Kill, GoldenEye and The World is not Enough.

Wouldn't it be more logical that at least 2 more of the Roger Moore films would be released as he has 7 films?
If this list is true, that would mean the final wave would have 1 Connery and 4 Roger Moore films: You Only Live Twice, The Living Daylights, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, The Man With The Golden Gun, Moonraker, Octopussy, A View To A Kill and Tomorrow Never Dies? Hmm.

I've seen the DVD reissues out at Target for Octopussy and The Living Daylights, so I'm sure those are probably coming in the next wave.

Quantum of Solace will be out in March as well.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well that's good news. Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me and Goldeneye are must have titles for me. The other three are just marginal Bond films in my book but I'll probably end up picking them up anyway.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the final wave.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
would you mind saying how you did it for nearly $10 cheaper then every one else.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i figured it out

some items have been lowered that are paart of the deal.

the same order i place yesterday for $75 is now $57.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Amazon reduced the price on all 6 of the Bond BDs to $17.49, so that's about$7 in savings from yesterday. 6 x $17.49 = $104.94, then minus $50 for buying 6, that makes it $54.94, and then minus $15 for the Best Value Savings, which makes it $39.94.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I already had the Connerys, so I was able to score the other three Blu Bonds for $27.47 using Amazon's free shipping option. Less than $10 each? That's crazy!

*My original plan was to buy ONLY the Connerys (and OHMSS) on Blu-ray. Guess I'm getting them all now. :D

Thanks to Tim Haxton for the heads up!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Thanks for telling us that-
I ordered all 6 Bonds last nite for about $47, but today FYEO was $17 instead of $23 so I cancelled my order and re-ordered them all for $39.95 instead (hey, 7 bucks is 7 bucks!).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wasn't going to even after they slashed the prices some more in that deal, but I just couldn't resist and ended up reordering from Amazon for all 6 Bond titles -- I actually already owned the 3 Connery ones plus FYEO. :P With all the savings in that deal (including the "best value" $15 off for buying all 6), I figured I might as well buy the dupes and either sell them off or give them away as presents (and maybe help get more people to go Blu :D). It also helps that they come w/ movie cash toward seeing Quantum of Solace to boot. :P

Can't wait for the next 2 waves to arrive, especially this next one in March. :emoji_thumbsup:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks