What's new

James Bond 007 soundtracks - Golden Gun, Spy, Moonraker, View To a Kill & Octopussy (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
For sure I’ll be ordering as well Osato. :)

I absolutely will make it happen, Neil.

I gave a listen to the original release CD yesterday. I really enjoy quite a few tracks on it. It is a departure from John Barry of course. There's some great high-energy tracks on the soundtrack.
It actually made me feel good about bond for the first time in quite a while. I also have a miss pierce Brosnan as James Bond. The 1990s was a great time for James Bond fans. Especially for me there seem to be a great excitement every time a new film is coming.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It would be wonderful if la la land continues the 007 releases by working backwards in the series.
The world is not enough next then tomorrow never dies!

Hoping for good news in the coming months!

My favorite scores are Russia to daylights, but I will buy everyone of them to support. Even Goldeneye?!?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
As much as I like the idea of 2-disc expanded James Bond soundtracks...this one I couldn't care less about. Just an altogether forgettable score from Arnold.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
As much as I like the idea of 2-disc expanded James Bond soundtracks...this one I couldn't care less about. Just an altogether forgettable score from Arnold.

You might be right.
It's not my favorite bond film or score, but it's a decent score and better than the recent scores too.
I will gladly support these releases(?) as it's amazing that they are finally happening. There hasn't been a James Bond score reissue in 15-16 years!
I want them to continue and to finally get the full scores of the roger Moore films.
Even the Connery scores probably have some outtakes too.

I hope many will support the releases.
I'd also like to more about how the release is finally possible.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just tried very hard to buy Die Another Day at the La La Land records site. Could not get passed the final step of getting into my account after getting the CD in my cart and going through PayPal. I even tried Intrada Records but that site said pre-order and the disc wouldn’t be out till mid December.

Oh well as the La La Land site said, try again later. Never had such a hard time before.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just tried very hard to buy Die Another Day at the La La Land records site. Could not get passed the final step of getting into my account after getting the CD in my cart and going through PayPal. I even tried Intrada Records but that site said pre-order and the disc wouldn’t be out till mid December.

Oh well as the La La Land site said, try again later. Never had such a hard time before.

Crazy! I used PayPal and it worked just fine!
Hope you are able to resolve it!
I'm sure it will take a while for the title to sell out (5k units) but I still wanted to preorder it to ensure I received a copy.

Looking forward to this release a great deal!
Hopefully the world is not enough is next summer or sooner!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just received email notification that my order will ship in the next 2-3 days.

Very excited about this release!

I pulled out my 2002 cd to listen to as well. It does seem short with the title song and the oakenfold bond remix.
At any rate the score feels refreshing for me compared to the Newman efforts on the last 2.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
"Full DAD in lossless?" How is a disc set a lossless format, unless a DVD-R featuring FLAC files (wouldn't fit on CD-Rs I think)?

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Where are you seeing this "lossless" description?

CDs contain uncompressed digital files. Lossless implies a compression step that removes data but not fidelity.

Neil

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Still listening to the 2002 cd version and enjoying it a lot!

The score does seem short.

Some great tracks in this one.
A lot of electronics on some tracks but it works for me.
There's some great orchestral music on this score too.
I enjoy the energy of the score.

In my own way it has reminded me why I really like James Bond and how fun the Pierce years were.

With all of that I didn't care for die another day as a film in 2002. I do like the score though.

I hope david Arnold returns as composer soon!!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe some of you guys could help me. I just tried again to order Die Another Day. The main bottleneck was the sign-in to my account to complete the order, I get a choice of signing in by my Yahoo or AOL account as I have no other choice, the other options to sign in as guest is grayed out. I did use my Yahoo email account as my sign in from the first time I bought stiuff from La La Land. And i’ve Used this sign in without trouble for many CDs I’ve ordered from them. But this time something changed and it wasn’t accepting it. Then I decided to use a different browser and tried FireFox and I was able to sign in as guest, and as such I got my order for DAD only through. I did want to get another disc, but decided to get DAD first to make sure I could get an order through.

I wonder if it’s a browser issue? I use Safari on a Mac. And had no issues before. It’s not the most current Mac OS, so I’m not on the latest Safari version. But that never stopped me making an order before.

This was really odd!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I pay via PayPal and choose check out as a guest. I use the windows 10 browser. I got my order in and can’t wait to listen.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil. I pay via PayPal too. I’ll go the guest route from now on.

I’ll look into ordering via my iPhone too, thanks Osato.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks