What's new

James Bond 007 soundtracks - Golden Gun, Spy, Moonraker, View To a Kill & Octopussy (2 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I finally picked up the no time to die soundtrack. Haven’t listened to it yet.

Also I picked up this album of 007 covers by The Wedding present as well. Looking forward to this one!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was interested in picking up the Bond 25 album by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. The album has a listed release date of October 2021 but it appears it was delayed.

Hoping it’s released soon! Odd that it was announced and never released….
I hope it is released soon.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I noted that there are several James Bond albums in hi res on hd tracks. I have been on the fence about trying this format for quite a while but I intend to purchase an album to try out. I have a newer Denon Avr-s750H receiver that does support hi res audio playback.

I saw the following available on HD tracks in 24 bit:
Goldfinger
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
From Russia With Love
You Only Live Twice
Live and Let Die

I thought Dr. No was also available in hi res but I was unable to find it on HD Tracks. I did see a listing for it on Qobuz.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I thought Dr. No was also available in hi res but I was unable to find it on HD Tracks. I did see a listing for it on Qobuz.
That looks like a bootleg on Qobuz since it's not on Capitol Records. I've seen bootleg LPs of that score, so buyer beware.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That looks like a bootleg on Qobuz since it's not on Capitol Records. I've seen bootleg LPs of that score, so buyer beware.

Thanks Neil!

I’m leaning toward Star Trek 2 and probably OHMSS for my first 2 album purchases.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
I like the Bond music more than the actual films. It's something that's always been consistently good. I have the John Barry scores for Goldfinger and From Russia with Love and a greatest hits compilation of all the pop songs.

Watched Goldeneye in my local independent cinema today. This is one of the few Bond films I've been able to get behind. Some fantastic action sequences.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I like the Bond music more than the actual films. It's something that's always been consistently good. I have the John Barry scores for Goldfinger and From Russia with Love and a greatest hits compilation of all the pop songs.

Watched Goldeneye in my local independent cinema today. This is one of the few Bond films I've been able to get behind. Some fantastic action sequences.

Thunderball, twice, ohmss and diamonds are essential scores!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
New cd of orchestra theme recordings is out:

Also the apple documentary The Sound of 007 music documentary will be on Amazon prime!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
New cd of orchestra theme recordings is out:

Also the apple documentary The Sound of 007 music documentary will be on Amazon prime!

Really looking forward to the 007 music documentary this week!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I finally picked up the no time to die soundtrack. Haven’t listened to it yet.

Also I picked up this album of 007 covers by The Wedding present as well. Looking forward to this one!

For Your Eyes Only was definitely the highlight of this album. I enjoyed it but shaken Not Stirred remains the best.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Note the concert from Albert Hall and the documentary will both be on Amazon Prime tomorrow!!

The concert today should be amazing! Wish I could go!

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is the royal Albert Hall concert on prime? I was unable to find it.

I see the documentary is there….

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Watched The Sound of 007 on Prime today. It was a very enjoyable trip down memory lane. The coverage was a bit uneven and tended to jump around, but I was fine with that as it probably reflected the availability of material for earlier artists. The documentary did a nice job of editing clips to reinforce points being introduced and noted the references to both content and music that informed later films in the series.

Definitely recommended.

- Walter.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Watched The Sound of 007 on Prime today. It was a very enjoyable trip down memory lane. The coverage was a bit uneven and tended to jump around, but I was fine with that as it probably reflected the availability of material for earlier artists. The documentary did a nice job of editing clips to reinforce points being introduced and noted the references to both content and music that informed later films in the series.

Definitely recommended.

- Walter.
Good to hear. I will watch tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks