What's new

James Bond 007 soundtracks - Golden Gun, Spy, Moonraker, View To a Kill & Octopussy (1 Viewer)

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Even ignoring the brass attack of the title song, I still consider this a lesser listening experience. John Barry is at his best with lush string arrangements, and the album seems to have very little of this. I like most of the score in the film once Bond arrives on Scaramanga's island. It also doesn't appear to be recorded or mixed properly in relation to other Barry Bond scores. Very narrow stereo image, almost mono sounding.
golden-gun-soundtrack.jpg
John Barry signed up late on this Bond film and the score was written very quickly indeed in about 7 days due to many internal problems at EON at the time hence the end result is not satisfactory.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I read in Burlingame’s book that Barry recorded “pop-oriented versions” of Thunderball and mr kiss kiss bang bang. I’d love to hear those.

I really hope there is some movement next year for the 007 scores being reissued by la la land records or another label.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Can we keep the NTTD stuff relegated to that thread for those that wish to avoid seeing anything about this movie?

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Lyricist Leslie Bricusse has died. He wrote the lyrics to "You Only Live Twice" and with Anthony Newley, the lyrics to "Goldfinger." In between he wrote the lyrics to "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" for "Thunderball."

4dca0cff192de5b89acf2b42e887023ee96cf2e4-1.jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was interested in picking up the Bond 25 album by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. The album has a listed release date of October 2021 but it appears it was delayed.

I hope it is released soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks