Jam (and Jaaaaam)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by James Reader, Apr 26, 2003.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Before I start, I should point out that the contents of these discs contain some very dark, black humour, and will not be to everyone's taste

VCI in the UK has just released Chris Morris' "Jam" on DVD. Coming on 2 discs, the first disc contains the original "Jam" episodes, while the second contains the "Late Night" "Jaaaaam" episodes which feature more explicit material.

As anyone would expect who has viewed the "BrassEye" disc also from Chris Morris and VCI, the supplements on the set are bizzare to say the least - Choices Direct's listing sums them up the best:

2. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I really enjoyed Brass Eye, but Jam is pretty out there. Some of the skits were really funny and others I just didn't find funny at all. Do the Jaaaaam episodes really contain more explicit material? I sampled bits and pieces of each episode and they seemed identical to Jam except for more distortion on the audio and video.

Gregory

3. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

I believe that some of the language in Jaaaam was more explicit. I have no interest in Jaaaam so haven't really checked. But that said, it's good the DVD release includes the Jaaaam episodes.