What's new

Jake in Progress - ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ok, so perhaps my topic header may be getting ahead of myself, but I must say, this show was pretty bad.

It seems to be trying too hard to be funny, and it came across as strained. It didn't help that the two eps that aired tonight were out of sequence, I guess they'll re-run those in their natural spots when the show officially starts Thursday.

It's not the fault of John Stamos, not entirly anyway, he has the potential to pull this charactor off, it's just that everything else around him just didn't work IMO. The show was too frenetic, with too many charactors trying to get attention at once, and all the split screens didn't work for me either.

Plus, his friend, the dentist, was dangling dangerously close to ripping off Jason Alexander's George Costanza, the loser best freind with the annoying parents that are always riding him about something.

I'll stick around for a couple of more eps and see what happens, hopefully it will improve, I hope so.

Now, my God in Heaven, my girl Madchen Amick was so UNBELIEVABLY hot in that first episode I could barely speak!

I've been in love with her for years and she used to be much thinner, still gorgeous but thinner. Now though, she has filled out to female perfection, i've never seen her look this scrumptious!

If the show continues to go nowhere, and if they make her a regular, I will record every episode (however many that may be) and skip every part that doesn't involve her. :D

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I was reading about this. The original idea was to do a 24 type show, following a first date in real time. I would have watched tha, just to see whether they could possibly pull that off. That was abandoned, and thus it becomes what sounds like a fairly standard comedy. And entirely lacking in any interest for me.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Parents? I thought the married couple was his IN-LAWS, not parents. I didn't think the bald guy acted at all like George. As for the rest of the show I'll watch it as long as its airing, which..knowing ABC won't be for long. Out of all these new ABC mid-season shows, Grey's Anatomy looks the best.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, your right, they were his in-laws, however the show seems to be trying to push that charactor in a very George direction. He wasn't just like George, but he served the same purpose George did.

And yes, Grey's Anatomy looks to be good, anything just to see Katherine Heigl again. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Anyone else still watching this? I think it's decent, but the magician needs to be killed when he does his next stunt.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I think its ok. Nothing spectacular, but watchable. And of course, looking at John Stamos for 30 minutes is certainly pleasant! :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think the show has lost me. I was actually only watching it to see Madchen Amick anyway, but she's been absent since that one episode.

Glad to hear one of us has someone to stare at, Pamela. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there was a nice gag when Jake mis-remembers the Krista Allen character Lisa liked John Secada, and instead uses his contacts to woo Lisa by having Neil Sedaka serenade her outside her apartment. LOL!

The other was when Patrick was performing at Adrian's daughter's birthday party, and asks for a puppy, and the daughter provides her puppy to Patrick, and he covers up the puppy, whips out a cinder block, and drops it on the puppy, with all the parents and children staring at him in shock, but then Patrick produces the puppy, but the crowd turned on him, and then someone suggests that the children go beat up on the pinata that was set up for the children (irony). Haha!

Kelly W

Second Unit
I did a search and couldn't find a thread about Jake In Progress. Is anybody else watching this show?

I wasn't too sure about it after the previews-- "Different Sex,Same City" -- but my wife and I are really enjoying this show. I think it is smartly written and I laugh out loud with regularity. I especially like Rick Hoffman and Ian Gomez.

I'm just surprised nobody's talking about it. Are the ratings that bad? :)

-Kelly

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's not a bad show, but against Survivor and Joey? Fuggeddahboudit.

Also, I just don't like Stamos in this part. He's simply not funny enough.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I didn’t catch the first few episodes, but after seeing it the past couple of weeks it’s growing on me. My “rule of thumb” for sitcoms is “if it doesn’t make me laugh, we’re outta here.” It’s not as funny as Raymond, Joey or [/i]Two and a Half Men[/i], but it’s clever enough to get regular grins and snickers. Shoot, I’ll give it points just for daring to be a sitcom without a laugh track!

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
There was a nice surprise in last week's show with the woman who played Carol Vessey on Ed. It would be a nice addition if she is a regular.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Butterfly showed up in the week before's offering of Jake episodes. That whole Kenny and Naomi subplot was just so wrong in so many ways. Patrick is just bizarre.

Wasn't crazy about either of this week's episodes.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard many good things about this show, so I haven't tuned in at all. I'm honestly not suprised that Stamos show isn't doing well (according to the talk I hear) haven't most of his shows failed shortly after they hit the airwaves?

He just needs a really good role because frankly he isn't a bad actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks