What's new

Jake 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
A plane crashes and NSA is on the scene investigating it. That is actually the NTSB's job.
I don't thing you can hold that one against them. Considering they had three agents on the plane, and a secret weapon I'm sure they'd show up. The NTSB investigates plane crashes, but the NSA would certainly express special interest in such a situation. It's not like they suggested the NSA investigated ALL crashes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And there were NTSB people all over that scene.

Still, I'm about at the point where I'm rooting for the show to be cancelled so that Keegan Tracy can get a job on something good. I've got a feeling UPN will keep with it for a while, though, since their parent company produces it and otherwise Enterprise is their only drama.

I'm also starting to wonder whether David Greenwalt caught the recap disease from Joss Whedon or vice versa. Sure, this one's was only fifteen seconds or so, but it was all information that was either in the credits or dialogue.

EDIT: Got the pretty girl's name wrong. Apologies all around.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Keegan Tracy reminds me of a more adult version of Rachel Leigh Cook, but with wavier hair. I think dozed off towards the end of the episode, so I'll have to watch that over again. The wireless portion of Jake's powers somehow gets in the way of my suspending of disbelief in Jake's world.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Watched last night's episode and was kinda pulled in. I'll give it another couple of weeks to work on me. The geek becomes agent premise and the hot scientist kept me interested, but the blond crush is just no good, for the story or my eyes. Also, if they're going to be copying Spiderman, they gotta give us more backstory to go with the action.

Unfortunately, neither of the female love interests have the appeal of Kristin Kreuk or Allison Mack.
Kristin Kreuk is appealing? I just think of her as pink and annoying. Allison Mack, however, well let's just say I dig me some Chloevage (tm Omar@TWoP) like any other guy. Except for that numbnuts Clark.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
And there were NTSB people all over that scene.
I don't know how you could tell who was NTSB in that scene. The FBI should have been investigating, too, since there was a potential of a crime being involved. Of course, NSA doesn't really have agents and secret weapons, either, so the whole scene was a disaster. Even if they did, would the Deputy Director really be personally out there on the scene?

It was like the first scene of CSI:Miami when the CSI unit was investigating an airplane crash. The NTSB and the FBI would have been all over them for screwing around with the evidence. Police departments are supposed to protect the crash site, not investigate it.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
The bright yellow letters "NTSB" on the backs of their jackets.
Well your eyes are better than mine, I didn't see a single one of those in that scene. Maybe this show needs to be in high-def so the visually challenged can grasp these details more readily.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The plot for this one was pretty obvious from the beginning. Not really much to keep my interest. I wonder how much they paid those reviewers to say that this is one of the best shows on TV. :rolleyes

I mean, I like the lead, and the geek girl scientist, but not much else...

Also, I'll echo what my fiance said: Who the hell names their daughter Keegan? It looks like her name should be reversed (Stacy Keegan?)

Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Her listed last name is Tracy, and I also thought her name could be Tracy Connor Keegen, instead of "Keegan Connor Tracy".

IMDB does list an actress with the name of "Tracy Keegan" as well, strangely enough.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
You'd think NSA security protocol would immediately revoke access for agents that are even suspected of being killed or compromised. The guy should not have been able to get in.
(For that matter, did he really need to?)

Having worked in the insurance industry for a few years and taken classes on risk management, anytime I see sprinklers used incorrectly in movies and TV (which is, like, always) I tune out.
Computers are also almost always misused. (This week's MI5 was probably worse, though.) So if they can't get sprinklers and computers right, it makes you wonder: when they portray something you don't know about, do they get that wrong too?

//Ken

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Her listed last name is Tracy, and I also thought her name could be Tracy Connor Keegen, instead of "Keegan Connor Tracy".
Her bio in IMDB says her birth name is Tracy Armstrong. Could be that name was taken or uninspiring, so she decided to go with Tracy Keegan, for whatever reason. That name was already taken, so Keegan Tracy it became.

I also think she is stealing the show, just like Allison Mack stole Smallville.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ratings dropped substantially for the second airing of Jake 2.0 so unless they change the timelsot especially once Angel Premieres, dont expect this show to last a whole season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And doesn't it get hit with The West Wing, The King Of Queens, and The Bachelor even before Angel? It needed that head start, but it still won't be enough.

Maybe we can get Keegan Tracy, Kyle Howard, Luis Guzman, and Kelly Rutherford together for one show which actually deserves them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks