Jak and Daxter 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Mar 18, 2003.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Nice preview up on Gamespot, cant wait for this game, Jak and Daxter is one of the few games i've completed and really enjoyed.

Sounds like this one has a darker tone than the last game and features much improved visuals, not that the 1st game wasnt nice to look at!!

"While Jak 2's darker look is conveyed by the game's more mature designs and darker color scheme, Naughty Dog's impressive graphics engine pumps out a rich visual experience that blows the original Jak and Daxter completely out of the water. Thanks to a combination of Naughty Dog's own tinkering and some shared technology courtesy of its collaboration with Insomniac, Jak 2's graphics look as though they may well set new standards on the PlayStation 2. Characters in the game are incredibly detailed and made up of 10-15,000 polygons and move much more fluidly than in the original game. The massive environments in the game, which are much larger than those found in the original game, sport a higher level of detail and a host of new special effects such as lighting and a subtle but impressive technique to simulate eye moisture to name just a few. Couple all of the above with cleverly streamed loading to provide a seamless experience and you have a title that is shaping up to be quite a showcase for the PlayStation 2. "

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I'll definitely be picking this one up. The first was a blast!

One major gripe was the end game - I collected all 100 orbs and the ending was basically no different than if I hadn't collected one of them.

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Wow!!!!!
    It looks like Naughty Dog have officially made the ps2 their bitch... those visuals are incredible! No doubt like the original it will all be running at 60fps as well. If only all ps2 developers had such an amazing grasp of the hardware. I loved the original and can't wait to snap this up!

5. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Wow, did they figure out how to get the game to run at 720p on PS2 like that screenshot suggests?

6. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Ryan: That's obviously a production shot - all developers do that, including Xbox, Gamecube, and PC devs.

But then again, you never know. The PS2 seems to suddenly have new "features" every year. Remember when everyone was swearing it couldn't do 480P on here?

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

9. mourad

mourad Extra

One reason I loved the first one is the "lighter" tone. The shift to the "darker" tone makes it a "to-rent" first for me.

10. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Mourad: It's still a platformer at the end of the day, so don't expect Silent Hill darkness here.