What's new

JAG will be competing with Third Watch this fall (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh man. I know the show has a great cast but I don't know if it can survive without Harm.

To me, he IS the show.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
The same goes for me. I don't see how they can justify keeping it going without Harm. It would be cool if they killed him off in the season finale, though.

Glenn

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Well I saw a spoiler on CBS' site...

Chris Beetem joins the JAG Team as Navy Lt. Vukovic

Perhaps he is Harm's replacement? I sure hope they wave more money in front of DJE because he needs to stay.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't know... I mean, I wouldn't recognize Elliot if I saw him in anything. JAG is one of those shows that has been a consistent performer, but it and its stars have never really embedded themselves in pop culture to the point where even non-fans have trouble seeing them as anything else.

Of course, the other side of that is that he's probably overestimating his value to ABC here - he's had a fairly popular show, and was well-liked on it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's got transferable star power.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I wonder if it will be an action show or a drama.... either way good luck and I hope whatever it is he succeeds.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
They just went throught the gamut on the History channel and started over the episodes. Wow after seeing DJE in the series premiere all I gotta say is he looks a lot older now.

Easy to forget that the show's been on for 10 years!!!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

Yeah I watched the first episode on on Monday and I was suprised. I almost didn't watch it because I thought they were going to start with the current season, I'm glad they went back to Season 1 because I was only 10 when it came out and I don't remember it. And when I first saw Lt. Lindsey and Harm I was boy have they aged since then. Bud looks pretty much the same, except for the limb of couse which I swear is becoming less and less aparent.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Who watched tonight? A great episode and we got to see who may become Harm's replacement. Pretty good writing although I was suprised at the exchange between Sturgess and Harm aboard the JFK.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
For those that don't know, Kim Raver of Third Watch now seems to be a regular on the series "24" so much for the movies...

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, talk about heated! Unfortunately for me, the first thing I thought about was having this argument build up higher and higher until the season ender, when Harm looses the draw and bites it! :)

NO, I won't be back in the fall. I swear I've seen every episode on the tube, and Elliot made it.

Glenn

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Is Third Watch still on the air? If it goes past April 29, then it will not be competing with JAG anymore.

According to E! Online April 4th First Look Page (www.eonline.com/News/firstlook.html), JAG has been canceled and April 29 is the last episode.

Maybe now those DVDs can come out (after Mr. Blythe ex- of Paramount) asked: "JAG or The Sentinel" a long time ago.
-

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

It has been cancelled, but returns for its final five episodes starting Friday and will probably end in early May.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Was Medical Investigation moved to compete with JAG?

JAG is at 9PM and Medical Investigation used to be at 10PM. Now I think it was also moved to the 9PM slot. Wonder why they did that?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Medical Investigation was originally going to finish its run at 10pm, but NBC opted to start Law & Order: Trial By Jury a few weeks earlier that they'd originally planned, so they bumped MI to the earlier slot for its last two episodes (of the season, at least; no word on whether it will return next year).

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
If JAG is being cancelled then why the pretense with Vikovic or whatever his name is?

They should have just ran the series to the end with DJE and ended it. DJE has been absent for most of the recent episodes...why, he must still have a contract.

I'm guessing they must have had ratings tests going out testing the mood for the new Vikovic and they were not great.

A good ending would be to have Harm and Mac finally get it on then have Harm bite the big one in a fighter or something...now that would be a show. As it stands now they won't have much time to wrap everything up if there are only half- dozen eps or so left! :frowning:

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Another favorite gone :frowning: along with third watch, NYPD Blue...not much left unless you like that reality garbage, oh well at least 24 is still good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks