What's new

JAG will be competing with Third Watch this fall (1 Viewer)

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Who do you think will be a hit with the ratings at 9:00 on Friday nights? Will it be JAG? Will it be Third Watch? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you very much.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I had figured that they put JAG on Friday's to kill it - once and for all, but that didn't happen. As for me, I've never seen Third Watch, so I don't have any problem with it.

Maybe it will die, but people still seem to have a hard time figuring out which button on their remotes enables them to change the channel after Joan of Arcadia.

Is it time to get a DVR?

Glenn

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
Third Watch got moved from Monday nights to Friday nights last fall because it was getting clobbered by Monday Night Football and CSI: Miami. Third Watch was at the 10:00 slot on Friday nights. Third Watch will come on at the 9:00 slot at the same time as JAG in the fall.

From my understanding, JAG had done pretty well on Friday nights at the 9:00 time slot. I'm thinking that CBS is telling the cast members, the executive producers, and the production crew of JAG to come back strong. They're going after Third Watch. It's simple as that.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's more likely the other way around - JAG is the established hit, and Third Watch has lasted a few years but been on the bubble its entire run.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Not only that since it has already survived one cancellation, while not guaranteeing immunity, gives it staying power.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
JAG will probably do more better at the 9:00 slot than Third Watch because JAG is an established hit. Third Watch will be hanging on by a thread.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I believe it's going to be a battle between JAG and Third Watch in the fall because both of these shows will be competing for the ratings at the 9:00 p.m. slot.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have lost interest in both shows. Used to like them, but now I just don't care to tune in. Third Watch had a very poor season this year after the great season before that.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I watched 3rd watch since day one but since they moved it to Friday nights I am never at home on Fridays.:angry: Surley they know that lot of the working blue & white class public goes out on Friday nights to eat or whatever..?
Plus, After all of the actors that have left this show I don't see how it can hang on?:frowning:

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I believe that this season of Third Watch in the fall might be their last season. I just think that it is time for the show to end.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I have very rarely wished "death" to any tv show, but I feel that if Third Watch will be going head to head with JAG that Third Watch will be on life support:D .

JAG has been advertised as CBS' most watched show and I believe there is truth in that statement. I, personally, have never been able to get into Third Watch. I did follow JAG when it the program jumped from NBC to CBS
?eight? years ago.

JAG has seemed very current in their storylines and has kept all options open as the show utilizes concerns about current national events.

The potential changes with the departing regulars make me curious about what will happen next season at the Judge Advocate General's office.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
This season will be the end for "Third Watch" according to NBC execs. I think I also heard that it will be ending mid-season in order to make room for something else.

I still enjoy "JAG." In fact, I hadn't watched the show for the last few seasons, but gave it a try again since there really isn't anything else on Friday. I was pretty impressed with the direction of the show, and the stories this last season.

Here is a statement from the "Hollywood Reporter":

If "Law & Order" can stay around for umpteen seasons, I see no reason why JAG couldn't. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Mac (Catherine Bell) this season and what sort of direction the show will take.

Otherwise, the cast is still good and the show is still entertaining.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
No doubt. I believe that.

JAG is probably a better show than Third Watch because it has been around a lot longer.

Third Watch is getting tiring because of an almost all cop format. Plus, most of the cast members were leaving the show all the time. Kim Raver just left the show a while back ago to concentrate on doing movies.

Catherine Bell is going to continue to hold down the fort on JAG because it has made her famous.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Found some news from TVtome.com

I'm sad that Harm is leaving... but its great the show is still going. Maybe they'll bring back Gunny or maybe Tiner would have finished Law School by now.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

I have the same feelings about Harm leaving. :frowning: And what is sadder, is that I don't even know who "Gunny" or "Tiner" are because I only started watching JAG on a regular basis half-way through last season. Oh, Paramount, please release JAG on DVD soon so I can see all those seasons that I missed!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I've been watching on and off since the begining. And caught up recently over that last few seasons in a few months with reruns. I'll get you caught up on Tiner and Gunny.

Petty Officer Tiner
Was the legal yeoman assigned to assist Admiral Chegwidden, Tiner plays a small, but important, role in the JAG Corps. In addition to his legal skills, he is also adept with electronic equipment. He left in Season 9 (thats when Cotes came in) to go to Law School to be a JAG lawyer.

Gunnery Sgt. Victor Galindez
He was a Marine and I really don't remember what he did in the office. He left in Season 7 but appeared a few times in Season 8 and 9 a few times in the field. He was on missions in Afghanistan (as part of the military force) and in Paraguay working undercover for Webb and the CIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks