What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

JulieJo

Auditioning
Yes, I'd buy The Sentinel if it were released on DVD. I'm currently taping the reruns to share with my kids- they love the action, me- I watch for other reasons, but would love DVD's. We are a big techno-weenie family with 5 computers, 6 TV's, 5 VCR's, and 3 DVD players between us. We watch lots and lots of movies and TV together, and have a number of TV shows(Xena, Star Trek, and many others)on VHS and DVD which we enjoy frequently. I'd buy The Sentinel in a boxed set, or season by season depending on the release schedule.
Thanks for your time, and this forum.
Julie Jo

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I've never seen quite this many female HTF members before! :D :wink: :laugh:

AudreyLynne

Auditioning
Me! I'd buy a set of Sentinel DVDs ANY day, if the price was reasonable...and if it wasn't, I'd save my little pennies til I could afford it. JAG, I might. Possibly. I'm not such a huge fan of that show, but I LOVE Sentinel.

AndreaLF

Auditioning
I would love to see The Sentinel on DVD. It is the one series that I would actually buy a DVD player for (as I don't have one at the moment). Although it has never been shown here in the UK, there is definitely a large fandom base already in place, thanks to fanfic and the Internet. Getting the show on DVD is probably the only chance to actually officially see the show over here as it so long since it was cancelled and to date has never been aired in the UK.

I can't comment on JAG as I've never seen it. Keeping my fingers crossed for TS though!

And let's face it, the two leads are just so cute
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Andi

MaryEllen

Auditioning
I'd buy The Sentinel in a heartbeat. I'd prefer to buy a season at a time, but I'll take whatever Paramount is willing to offer.

siskiou

Auditioning
I've been waiting for years for The Sentinel to become available on DVD, and would be happy to add it to my collection as soon as it's out.

I'd prefer a boxed set with all episodes.

My tapes are starting to deteriorate, and it would be wonderful to have the episodes uncut and without commercials!

I sincerely hope you will make The Sentinel available on DVD soon.

Siskiou

Madeline

Auditioning
I would definitely buy the Sentinel if it were released in full season boxed sets..extras would be appreciated . I have no opinion on Jag because I stopped watching after the first few episodes.

LorraineB

Auditioning
I am extremely interested in purchasing DVD's of The Sentinel in whatever form is chosen to present them--whether as separate episodes or as boxed sets--at whatever the cost. I would prefer sets of each season along with the bloopers (which I've not seen and understand are hilarious) as well as any extras concerning interviews with the actors. I missed the show while it was on TV and am extremely sorry. Watching badly taped shows does not do it justice.

Thank you for providing this forum and I hope Paramount will issue these wonderful shows on DVD soon.

LorraineB

Auditioning
PS--I tried to vote in the poll for the Sentinel, but it won't let me for some reason. Hope this will count instead.

Felicia W

Auditioning
David and Scott,

Hi, guys! Yep, we femme fen are out here. You just have to know where to find us. :) We have buying power, and obviously we're very loyal to our chosen programming. I like to think of "The Sentinel" as being akin to "Lethal Weapon" for the small screen (another of my faves, btw): an action/adventure cop show centered around a strong buddy dynamic. The stories are good, the overall production values are solid, the acting is top notch, and the chemistry between the leads is great fun to watch. In short, it's a very enjoyable hour-long escape from the real world.

Bringing this post back on-topic, I'm afraid I can't speak one way or the other about JAG. It looks like something I'd find entertaining, but its time slot has never been in fitting with my schedule.

Thanks to this forum for allowing us the space to make ourselves heard, and to Paramount for finally listening to us. Here's hoping our long wait pays off.

Cheers,
Felicia

HollyJeen

Auditioning
Mr. Blythe,

I came to "The Sentinel" fandon late, via fan sites of friends on the web. I managed to catch a few episodes on The SciFi Channel, but it was taken off soon after I found it.

I would definitely buy the boxed sets - as would many people I know. You have only to look at how many active web sites devoted to this show are out there now, several years after it ended production. That shows me that interest in high-quality dvd's would be high.

Sign me up for The Sentinel!
Holly:)

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Thanks for all the comments. There's only the one of you using many different names, right? Kidding...

Feel free to keep adding comments - it all helps. I will circulate the comments so far and we will see what we will see.

Very impressive support for The Sentinel.

Treassa

Auditioning
I have been waiting forever for the Sentinel to come out on DVD. I have the episodes taped, but the DVD gives much better picture quality. The addition of any extras would also be wonderful. There is a huge fan base still alive for the show, including conventions. This would be a huge market to diversify into.

Kerstin.R

Auditioning
Hello Martin,

although I live in Germany, I would definitely buy season boxes for The Sentinel. I loved the series and would like to get my hands on good quality eps with the original sound. I would like boxed sets of all 4 seasons and as much extras as possible.

So yes, count me in. ;)

Chris Amos

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: The Sentinel on DVD! I would love to have a boxed set of this series. I'm definately willing to pay for all four seasons, uncut and extra goodies such as bloopers would be great, too ;)

The Sentinel is an incredible show with great actors and very dedicated fans.

Chris :)

Corinna_B

Auditioning
I would definitively buy the whole set. Although I have most episodes on tape, the quality is awful (copy of a copy), and the ads are plain annoying. Good quality episodes without commercials would be a dream come true.

pamschat

Auditioning
I would definitly buy The Sentinel on DVD. To be able to see the show in digital quality, without commercials or edits. Would love some bonus and/or blooper footage as well. As there are 4 (really 3 1/2) Seasons to buy please keep the price reasonable. I believe that in the long run increased sales will net you more profit.
My 23yr old daughter also wants a full set of Sentinel as well as Jag.

Gwen_r

Auditioning
I have been waiting so long for The Sentinel on DVD, I'd be happy to pay almost any price! Like a lot of other people, I have the show on VHS tapes which are deteriorating. I'm one of the European fans that do not have it on local TV but were happy to pay for VHS tapes made by other fans. I'd prefer the complete boxed set and anything else you'd care to include like outtakes, interviews, etc but I would be so happy just to get clear uncut episodes on DVD.

:)

MichelleR

Auditioning
Hi there!

Oh wow. Regarding whether I'd buy a DVD release of "The Sentinel", my answer would not be "yes" - it would not even be "heck yes" - it would be "Ohhh, *heck* yes"!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I've been waiting four? five? years for a chance to see this series; it hasn't been screened in the UK where I live, unfortunately. :frowning: The only exposure I've had to it is through fansites and fanfic and I'd *still* be willing (in actual fact, scrap that last bit; I seriously doubt you'd be able to get me away from the DVD set!) to shell out my hard-earned cash for a DVD box set - does *that* tell you something? ;)

I don't mind whether the episodes are presented in a complete set or just season by season, as long as they are shown the way nature - or Pet Fly - intended. ;) Some extra features and goodies would be the icing on the cake, though!

I don't know about anyone else, but well... I'd be beating a path to the door of whoever had the sets in stock. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

-Michelle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks