What's new

Jacob's Ladder - Is it anamorphic or not? (1 Viewer)

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
Can anyone tell me if Artisan's "Jacob's Ladder" is anamorphic or not? Some say it is, some say it isn't.
Also, does it have English subtitles?
Is this the only edition of the film? Are there plans/rumors for a future release?
Thanks.
Regards, António
[Edited last by António Silva on November 10, 2001 at 09:56 PM]

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Yes anamorphic 1.85:1 slightly grainy transfer
Spanish subs only
DD5.1
That is about all I know

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the answer Steve, but i have to ask:
Did you bought the dvd? The reason for asking is that i've read several reviews that state that there are indeed English subtitles and others that just indicate Spanish subtitles.
Could it be that some of those reviews indicate that there are only Spanish subtitles according to what's written on the dvd back cover, when in reality there are English and Spanish subtitles?
This subtitle issue is important for me. I would appreciate if someone who owns the dvd (not claiming you don't, Steve), could tell me if in reality there are English subtitles.
Thanks Steve and everyone else.
Regards, António

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
frown.gif

Ron-F

Auditioning
Hi there,
I own the R1 dvd of "Jacob's ladder",and indeed there aren't english subtitles on the disc.
However,i would like to very highly recommend this disc:
You get a 16:9 widescreen transfer(1.85:1 oar)
Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtarck
Feature Length audio commentary by the director.
Deleted scenes with optional commentary by the director(quite long and interesting scenes)
A Featurette and production notes.
Strange,but some of these features are not listed on the packaging.
It's a great disc and if you like this great movie you should get it.

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Antonio,
Yes I own the dvd.
There are English closed captions when I enable CC on my RPTV.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
JACOB'S LADDER was one of the first titles I bought when I first jumped into the DVD fray, three years ago last week. I believe it was my third disc, right after VERTIGO and AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY (it was free with the player, honest!).
JACOB'S LADDER is still a great disc, three years (and over 200 titles) later. I haven't watched it in quite a while.... it might be high time to throw it on...
------------------
My collection:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...=Kriegersaurus

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Thought I had already seen this movie, was quite surprised when I rented and watched it this weekend with my girlfriend. Neither of us had seen it and we loved it!. Was wondering if SE was in the works before purchasing with deleted scenes intact? :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark E J

Second Unit
Was wondering if SE was in the works before purchasing with deleted scenes intact?
Why Lyne cut this footage will always be a mystery to me. The director himself has given many diffrent reasons for the cut most of which contradicting themselves. Like "They were cut for time and pacing." or "They were cut because I didn't film the scenes good enough" and even "They were cut because I felt they were to intense for the viewer."
One things for sure though, the cuts took what could have been a classic on par with The Exorcist and Jaws and doomed it to the status of better than average cult film.
PLEASE Artisan release this title with seemless (or atleast extended) branching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks