Jackson Wants To Do The Frightners 2

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jake Yenor, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor Stunt Coordinator

"Secondly, just watching ET Tonight and they mentioned a new special edition DVD Release of one of his older films, “The Frighteners” (can you believe I have never seen it?). Had Peter Jackson talking about it.

According to Jackson, he’s hoping the DVD sells “in droves” because he’d love to do a sequel. He said that DVD sales are really what it’s all about these days – and if this new version makes a hefty sum on DVD, he’ll try and convince Universal to take a chance on another “Frighteners”. He said he’d love to have Michael J.Fox back – if even only for a small role. "

Interesting if he is able to do it. Bet a certain Ape and Gollum would play a ghost. [​IMG]

2. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

I liked this movie when I saw it on video years ago (long before LOTRs). I thought it was pretty neat, despite the fact that it was obviously filmed in another country subbing for the west coast of the US. The cars were very foreign, from what I recall. I also remember reading an article about the number of special effects in the film almost being a record of some kind, and having been done at this little EFX house in New Zealand that no one had ever heard of. [​IMG]

3. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Didn't think the first one was anything special.

4. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

I loved it! It was one of the first films that I went back for repeat viewings. Just purchased the DC yesterday.

The movie is great so I don't see a need for a sequel.

5. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    I loved the first Frighteners & I would welcome a sequel with Jackson & Fox returning [​IMG]

6. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Loved the original, bought the dvd, and would love to see a sequel. Jackson pretty much has enough clout these days to do whatever he wants, so let's keep our fingers crossed, though I wouldn't mind a return to his low budget roots, ala Bad Taste or Brain Dead.

7. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

I really enjoyed this flick. I caught it on tape back in the day! Watched the crap out of my purchased VHS and then just got the awesome DVD. Nothing really special about the movie. It's just fun to watch for some reason.