What's new

Jackie Brown Corrected DVD Available (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Hi all.

I just received a call from Buena Vista Home Entertainment informing me that a fix for the Jackie Brown enhanced trivia subtitle track problem has been made. For those of you unfamilar with the problem, the trivia was not staying in sync with the film.

They are sending me a pre-paid mailng label to return my copy in exchange for the corrected one.

While, it probably was a relatively simple fix, I gotta say that I'm impressed with the turn-around time. My last two experiences with BVHE have been pleasant ones, and, although DVD problems are annoying, I think Buena Vista should be commended for having a customer service department that is helpful and seems to care, unlike Artisan and others.

I am hopeful that they can diagnose some issues I am having with their Hunchback of Notre Dame and Peter Pan releases, as well as see their way clear toward releasing Muppet films in their OAR, but I gotta say at least BVHE is trying where other studios simply are not.
--
Paul Arnette

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
why did they call you? just kidding. i guess you had called them before. do you have the number so the rest of us can also get our fix?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
1-800-477-2811 was the number I called today and they took my information and said they'd be sending the pre-paid postage label.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
1-800-477-2811 was the number I called today and they took my information and said they'd be sending the pre-paid postage label.
double that for me.

they will send me an envelope. i put my dvd in it,send it to them. then they send me a new dvd.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
disc just like the resent situation with the j. park dts dvd.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
What's the deal if you haven't bought the disc already? Will stores like Amazon be getting the corrected discs straight away or will it be better to wait awhile?

Pre-paid US envelopes etc are little use to R1 consumers who live in R2.

John

Yeah, I think I probably just dreamed this up or maybe I read somewhere someone that wanted this set to be actually leatherbound. Oh well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
john ross have you called that 800 number to ask them if good disks are at the retailers.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i called a long time ago and they supposedly have my name and number, but they haven't called me yet.

i just tried calling the number listed above and it doesn't seem to be working...can't even get it to ring.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I just put the Jackie Brown DVD in my PC's DVD Rom drive.
I'm using disc 1.
I can't access "Stash The Cash" trivia game.
Has anyone been able to access this game on disc 1?

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I found out that I had to install the Interactual player instead of using Win DVD to play the DVD rom game "Stash The Cash".
Don't know why it won't work with Win DVD.
Oh well.
I don't seem to have any in sync problems.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I talked to another really nice Buena Vista employee the day before yesterday, as I hadn't heard yet about my defective disc either, and she told me that I was actually on her list of people to call who had called already about a replacement. So, they are returning the calls; I'd imagine it's just taking a while to do so. If you don't feel like waiting anymore, give them a call and they'll check your name and information on their list, and that should probably expedite them sending out the return address label and all.

And let me just say, even though this probably isn't the proper forum to do so, that everyone I've ever talked over the phone with Buena Vista, whether it be praise or criticism, has always been nothing short of helpful and extremely nice. After dealing with some rather rude phone people in some of my other pursuits, it's nice to hear a friendly voice on the other end of the phone. So, thumbs up to Buena Vista Customer Service!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks