What's new

Jackie Brown (Anything Tentative?) (1 Viewer)

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm fairly new to the board and haven't really seen a mention of this film so I thought I would ask myself, since I'm very interested in this title coming out.

Is there any word on when this film may get released on dvd? Will it be released by Buena Vista/Miramax? I thought I remember hearing that it would be out in 2002, but I'm not sure when.

Carrol

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
It has been out on DVD for years. It is available in R2 France, R4 Australia, etc. Anamorphic transfer, and cheap ($12 by my calculation in Australia). See here - just search for Jackie Brown.
Of course you can always wait for the overpriced Disney version that will be out any year now...
Ted

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Count me in as someone who is eagerly awaiting the arrival of this under-rated movie on R1 dvd. Come on, Disney! :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Does that mean the R2 and R4 versions have no region coding?
Not to belabor the obvious, but if they didn't have region coding, they wouldn't be R2 or R4 versions...:) Yes, they do and they are PAL to boot. I know that is an obstacle to many people here, but it needn't be.
We can choose to be free of these limitations for the price of a $290 Malata today, and who knows what even cheaper and better player tomorrow. I'll grant you that I went the extra mile by getting a multi-standard TV, but at the time it was actually a money saving proposition -- it was the cheapest 30" 16:9 CRT in the US (and a Sony WEGA to boot!)
Your future DVD freedom is in your hands!
Ted

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The DTS LaserDisc is awesome. This fine movie definitely does deserve R2 DVD treatment though.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The delay in releasing this in R1 makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever!
What the heck is the frickin' holdup???
:confused:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Apparently there is a special edition forthcoming, along with a Pulp Fiction SE. However, how Tarantino will accomplish this while making 2 films back to back, is anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks