What's new

Jacki Brown and Pulp Fiction SE's finally announced!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I traded off my copy of Pulp Fiction a couple months ago because I knew the SE was coming sometime this year. August 20th will not get here soon enough for me.

Gregory E

Second Unit
That is awesome! My Pulp Fiction disc definitely needs an upgrade. And I'll be very happy to pick up Jackie Brown the same day.

Wow...August is going to be an expensive month!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
YESSS!!! One of the few times where waiting for a S.E. finally paid off. Hope it's loaded! Now for the other 20 titles I'm waiting to buy.....

Craig_T

Second Unit
Are those slipcovers they're using, especially on Pulp Fiction? They look like more rigid versions of the type of slipcover that was used on the recent Usual Suspects: SE. I think the actual Pulp Fiction case will have basically the same cover as the current disc. Which is fine since I love the current Pulp Fiction cover.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I don't recall telling Buena Vista when my brithday was, but what a great present anyway!

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Are those slipcovers they're using, especially on Pulp Fiction? They look like more rigid versions of the type of slipcover that was used on the recent Usual Suspects: SE. I think the actual Pulp Fiction case will have basically the same cover as the current disc. Which is fine since I love the current Pulp Fiction cover.
Yep, it looks like they're slipcases.

Looks like the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown cases each show part of their respective theatrical posters (Uma Thurman and Pam Grier).

A great job at including the theatrical artwork on the inside, while offering a minimalist approach to the artwork on the front.

Kudos to Miramax !

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I am quite surprised by the covers. I was expecting some Photoshop hack job with giant Willis, Jackson, and Travolta heads. :) Do you think that PF cover is textured or just made to look like it?
Actually, the Jackie Bown cover is my favorite of the two. What a GREAT cover.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I agree - both covers are excellent!

I think this is great news, and I'm very glad to finally get "Pulp Fiction" (I very nearly bought the import last month), but I'm thrilled that "Jackie Brown" is getting the full-on treatment! I was really worried that this highly underrated film (easily my favorite Tarantino) might be forgotten or given the kinda subpar treatment that "Pulp" originally got on DVD.

Great news... anybody know what the extras will look like?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I was really worried that this highly underrated film (easily my favorite Tarantino) might be forgotten or given the kinda subpar treatment that "Pulp" originally got on DVD.
I agree! I actually enjoyed Jackie Brown much better than Pulp Fiction. Robert Forster was perfect. I like the De Niro ex-con druggie role as well. It was fun to see him do something other than being the 'heavy'.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Ooooh I LOVE Jackie Brown! I'm so glad its finally coming, I've been waiting forever it seems! Oh, and I'll have to pick up PF too ;)

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
I also like Jackie Brown the best.

Can't wait for these two. Always held off Pulp Fiction, but no need now.

Guess the rumour of a Criterion Pulp Fiction, was false, as most are.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Both are going to be in my collection. I have waited and waited for this news for seemingly forever.

Bruce

Jeff

Supporting Actor
If the SE Pulp Fiction looks as good as the Korean release, I'll be very happy. I don't think it could look any better. I'm just praying there is no EE and it's this reason that I'm not letting go of my Korean copy.

Jeff

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Pulp Fiction has long been my most favourite movie EVER. I am so happy that these releases are finally set. Fingers crossed we get a commentary or three! Please no fluffy extras.

With these two and the Usual Suspects SE, i'm going to have three double dips in the space of 3 months. I've been able to hold off double dipping for 4 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks