Jackass

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kalle, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Kalle

Kalle Auditioning

Hi there!
    Has Paramount or MTV ever said anything about releasing Jackass Season 1-3 on DVD ? [​IMG]

2. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I read before that that there was never any intention to release it is season formats, but since Viva La Bam and WildBoyz are out, it may be just a matter of time. You still have Jackass Volumes 1 and 2 to enjoy.

Ryan

3. John_Dee

John_Dee Extra

I would love season sets for Jackass done in the same stlye as the recent Wildboyz and Viva la Bam releases with outtakes, making of and commentary from the whole cast, especially Knoxville.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

A bit off the subject; what is CKY? Ive seen bits of Jackass but didnt care for the humor. I like Viva La Bam but have never seen CKY, Would I like it?

Thanks and sorry for the hijack. [​IMG]

5. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

CKY is (if you can believe it) jackass with no restraint.

So were Jackass might have frowned on some things (be it not suitable for television, or because it was just plain wrong) - CKY might do that.

I recall a CKY skit where they talked about an old Carlin routine where he said you would never see a guy running and taking a shit at the same time. Well Bam and the boys needed to prove him wrong - so they gave Rabb Himself (I think it was Rabb) a crap load of laxative, and had him start running around. You can imagine the outcome.

Stuff like that.

And then the occasional music video, as CKY is a band.

It should be noted that some CKY skits have been aired on Jackass.

6. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    Alrighty Paul...I think Ill stick with Viva La Bam. Thanks for the reply.

7. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

CKY is "Camp Kill Yourself" - Bam Margera used to be in this band with his brother, in Viva La Bam, they even go and see them play. In the original CKY days, they would have all original CKY music as the background for the stunts that Bam and his friends would do. This was all pre Johnny Knoxville.

Ryan

8. Kalle

Kalle Auditioning

On a Radio Show Bam Margera said: "We recently recorded a Commentary for Jackass Season 1". Isn´t that great? I hope they´re releasing Season 1-3 Uncut & Uncensored. Full Season Sets, of course. Not that stupid Best Of Crap. I don´t think, that they are releasing a Best of Season 1, cuz Best of Season 2 & 3 didn´t have a Commentary.

BTW: I have Viva La Bam Season 1 (German DVD Set) and i thought it was Uncensored, but sometimes the Cuss Words are bleeped. Sometimes it is sometimes not. That´s strange! Is it the same on the US Set?

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Good news! Those other discs weren't for Seasons Two and Three, they were Volumes Two and Three (and covered all seasons of the show). So it seems safe to assume that they are talking about a full season set. They'll probably change some of the music but I'm not watching it for the music, I'm watching it for people doing stupid stuff[​IMG]

If I remember correctly, it is that way on the US too. If I had to guess, I'd say that when you hear a bleep, it means that there is no unbleeped version available. Just a guess though.