What's new

Jackass, why'd it get canned? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I know of the two new spin off shows but they aren't nearly as good as gathering everyone together for a show of Jackass. Did Knoxville not wanna do it anymore or did MTV try to milk more airtime out of the idea? Either way I miss Johnny, whatever happened to him?

And will the first season ever hit DVD?? Sorry for all the questions, I guess I'm just sad there'll never be a Jackass 2 even though it made relatively a boatload of cash.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The first season of Jackass did make it to dvd. The no vol.1 is a joke. Vol.2 & 3 is like vol.1 & 2.

Also, Wee Man wanted a huge raise and residuals. ;)

James T

Screenwriter
I saw CKY before I saw Jackass, so I'm a bigger fan of Maggera than Knoxville. I always thought Knoxville stopped because he was tired of the pending lawsuits and possibility of future lawsuits.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Oh jeez what a jip, and here I was waiting for another season to come out. I guess that's thanks to the lugheads at MTV making them a "best of" set rather than full episodes. :angry:

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Knoxville was unwilling to water down the show in response to the "public outcry" over its content (re: a few dumb kids who would be splitting their heads open with or without "Jackass.") He didn't feel MTV was supporting the show.

He agreed to the movie since there really wouldn't be any studio mandates and they could do the bits they wanted.

Beyond all that, one thing I don't think people realize is that Knoxville is already 33 and wanted to be an actor long before the show started. He circulated the infamous "Big Brother" video in an effort to get noticed.

I believe there are some rights issues with the DVDs - a ton of skits got left out. MTV also doesn't seem to have plans to release the "Too Hot for MTV" compilation that a lot of people would like to see.

In all, kind of a garbled approach to a property that still has plenty of shelf life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks