What's new

Jackass Number Two (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
So, my significant other is so jazzed to see this movie, and I have to admit that after seeing the trailer a billion times I kind of am too. It looks like it will be really funny, and really crazy! Johnny Knoxville kind of scares me, to be honest, but watching him beat himself up is worth laughing at. :)

What is going on in that trailer anyway? It looks nuts.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I'll second that, Travis. :emoji_thumbsup:

I don't care what anyone says, Jackass(the show and the first movie) has always been a guilty pleasure favorite of mine and I'm glad they got the gang back together for another movie.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
It's not even a guilty pleasure, for me. Sure, it's not a narrative film, and it's not really a documentary, and it's a showcase for sheer idiocy, but it's INTELLIGENT idiocy, if I may coin an oxymoron: The stunts are typically pretty clever and decently thought out, and for some of the larger ones, the filming, the set-up and the follow-through are shot and edited together so that it ends up playing out rather cleverly. The first movie ended up being a series of 5 to 6 minute build-ups and payoffs that have their own rhythm all while still fitting into a larger rhythm of the film itself.

It's not all haphazard and chopped together on accident. There is a method to the madness, and that's why it's so watchable.

That and "Pee Snow Cone."

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I really enjoyed the previous series and movie as well, and can't wait to see this.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Serioiusly - I'm looking forward to Jackass 2 because it's just going to be a *fun* movie. And because I'm curious about the new stunts - you just know that they are going to outdo the first movie. Because Robert's right, they aren't just going out and randomly injuring themselves, there really is a well thought out way that they are put together, but in a way that's not predictable. Sure you can see some of it coming, but it *is* actually smart. It's a nice mix of the clever and the silly, to me.

I saw the trailer again last night. What is going on with that dentist chair thing? OW.

Colton

Supporting Actor
I just wanna sit in the theater watching this and go "HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!" really loud ... and I know I will because Jackass is funny.

- Colton

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

It appears that they tie a string to Don Vito's tooth and to the back of Bam's Lamborghini, then he'll floor it and rip the tooth right out of his mouth. Brilliant! :emoji_thumbsup:

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Wow. That is *nuts*. It's possible that I'm going to embarrass myself from laughing at this. :)

I bet there are like, so many more things that weren't even okay to put in the previews, too, like super hardcore kinds of stunts. Can't wait to see what those might turn out to be.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I might just have to wait for the DVD so I can FF through the parts that could potentially make me hurl.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I'm exactly the same way and that's probably why Steve-O is my least favorite cast member. It seems like all he does is find ways to make himself puke. I'm sure he's the first one to fill up a cup and chug it.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The only thing in the first movie that made me cringe was the papercut scene and even then, when I rewatched it - I was fine.

That spoilerized scene definately has a gag factor (zing!) and will definately make me crack up.

Seeing Johnny blindfolded and running with the bull is awesome.

yah!

ry

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I saw the movie last weekend at a press junket. The review is amidst my blogs at my Myspace page. Dig around in there and you'll find it (http://blogs.myspace.com/fatboyroberts)

Anyway, the Don Vito sketch ISN'T in the movie, I'd imagine it was removed because of the "scandal" going on involving him and a 12 year old girl right now.

The Horse stunt is gotten away with by putting a black bar over Pontius' mouth when he slugs it down.

Also, if you go to the blog, there are some spoilers, but then again, Jackass isn't exactly a movie you can SPOIL. They tell you what stunt they're going to do right before they do it. The movie spoils itself.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Whoa, I didn't know about the Don Vito "scandal" until now. That's f**ked up! Too bad they cut that segment out of the movie, though, as I would've liked to see what happens when a Lamborghini pulls a tooth out of someone's head.

By the way, Robert, that link to your blog is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks