Jackass Coming To DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin/M, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Kevin/M

Kevin/M Agent

I'm Not Sure if this has been posted (in whihc case i'd hate to beat a Dead Horse), But It appears that a Complete Jackass Box set, as well as the perennially delayed Jackass Volume 1 will be coming to DVD Soon. There'll be the usuall stuff as bonus Feautres (Deleted Scenes, VMA Footage, Commentarties, Featurettes, yadda, yadda, yadda)

http://ryangeephotography.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1602

(Registration Required)

All i can say is, Wow. Between this, Beavis and Butthead, and Aeon Flux It appaears as htoguh MTV is finally putting out DVD's that Don't suck.

P.S. Does anyone know What were the "legal issues" that delayed Vol. 1 in the first place. Music (e.g. WKRP in Cincinatti)? Celebrities (e.g. Space Ghost Coast to Coast)? Lawsuits from Dangerous Stunts (e.g. No Other show in broadcast history except maybe the afortemntioned Beavis and Butt-head

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    This thread mentions that the cast recently completed commentary.

There never was a "Volume 1". As far as I know, it was an intentional joke that they did only vol 2 and vol 3. Basically, they were 2 "best of" DVDs.

If they do put out a complete set, itll be interesting to see if they get all the music clearance rights. I heard the Vol 2 and 3 sets had some music replacement done.

Ill hang onto my broadcast recordings until I know for sure.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Gord's been trying to get details from MTV on this release all week, but it seems he keeps missing the person he needs to talk to! [​IMG]

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'd be real surprised if they manage to get all the songs (especially if the best-ofs already had music replacement). Personally, it's not a big deal to me. Sure, like everyone else I want to hear The Misfits, Slayer, or The Ramones, etc but primarily I want to see people get hurt. [​IMG]

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I'm glad I held of on the best of's, as I was waiting for a season set. This is an instant pre-order for me!

How many episodes did they make? We never had it shown in my neck of the woods, but it seems like I've been hearing about the show forever.

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

There will never be a season set, or a complete series release. These aren't full episodes; just various segments.

Gord

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Wha? Why the hell is it called "The Complete Jackass?"

I guess I wont be pre-ordering it.

8. Gord Lacey

I guess because it's about as complete as it's going to get.

Gord

9. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Anyword on what the boxset actually includes? Is it just Best of Vol 1-3 bundled together? What is cut/missing? Why can't some of it get released?

10. Gord Lacey

I spoke to Jeff Tremaine about this yesterday, and a lot of their early stuff has clearance issues. Remember, these guys weren't really "TV people" before this show, and they didn't always do things legally. That's become a problem now that it's going to DVD.

Gord

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Too bad.[​IMG]

I've seen the 2 best best of's, and while they aren't bad, they are a little thin on content. The other 2 discs in that box well have to absolutly packed to justify it.

12. Anthony Clifton

Anthony Clifton Stunt Coordinator

After reading the cuts made to the BNB episodes for the Mike Judge collection, I'd have to say it sucks enough for me not to buy it. I realize MTV may not have had much, if any, say as to the content of the episodes but that doesn't make the set suck any less, IMHO.

In the meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the rumored movie sequel to Jackass.