What's new

Jack Warden: Crazy like a Fox (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
As a teenager I watched the great Jack Warden TV show "Crazy like a Fox". The series aired from 1984-1986.

After 2 seasons the TV show was wrapped.

Is there any chance that this show will be released on TV?

I mean, is it worth for a distributor to release a show who has only 2 seasons?

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I loved that show and would buy it in a heartbeat but I never see any mention of it. Glad to know that others like it as well.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I really loved this show also...I personally hold it in the same regard that I reserve for "Rockford Files", "Simon & Simon" "Moonlighting"...CRAZY LIKE A FOX is smart, funny and the stories were engageing...Some of Jack Warden's best work...I'd love to have the two seasons released in a complete series set or by volumes, if neccesary...along with "Tenspeed and Brownshoe" and "Richie Brockleman, Private Eye", a Rockford spinoff...not going to hold my breath, though...Thanks for starting this thread!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Great show, bring it on Sony. Good choices Flashgear, I'm in for those two as well!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking about this series today, and wished it was available on DVD. It wasn't a great show, but it was a fun show!

"What could possibly go wrong?" - Harry Fox Sr.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Absolutely adore Crazy Like A Fox. For me, it represents the quintessential 80's fluff piece; witty, charming, light-hearted and engaging. You have to be a die hard cynic not to enjoy this. Jack Warden - what's not to like. Great theme song too.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Nick*Z said:
Absolutely adore Crazy Like A Fox. For me, it represents the quintessential 80's fluff piece; witty, charming, light-hearted and engaging. You have to be a die hard cynic not to enjoy this. Jack Warden - what's not to like. Great theme song too.
I totally agree! Jack Warden was great. I once ran into him in my neighborhood (NYC/Hell's Kitchen) hardware store, of all places, where he was visiting the owner.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
A great show that would have run longer had CBS not sabotaged it by moving it out of Sunday night after "Murder She Wrote" to Wednesday night opposite "Dynasty". I have four episodes from original broadcasts airings I did (including two that aired in syndication in the early 90s) and the 1987 reunion movie that was an attempt to restart the series altogether but which never came off. I'd rate it as my only 80s Grail title.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Jack Warden, who at one time held the record for having more failed TV series than any other actor, was such a great presence in everything he did. He played so many average joes with hearts of gold I was shocked recently to see him play the part of an absolute evil bigot who inadvertently triggers an Indian war/massacre in a very early episode of BONANZA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks