What's new

Jack & The Beanstalk (1934) (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
[C]
Finally, this obscure classic will be getting the proper release it deserves!!!

Hen's Tooth Video have gone back to the original 35mm masters to produce a brand new, pristine quality digital transfer sporting both English and (for the first time ever on home video) original Japanese audio tracks with available subtitles!

This 1974 musical animated adaptation of the classic fairytale was directed by Gisaburo Sugii and brought to American viewers in the 1980's through HBO broadcast and The Disney Channel. It is a darker retelling of the farmiliar tale with a haunting edge and interspersed at times, with subtle humor to lighten the mood.

The VHS released by Magic Window in the early 80's has long been out-of-print and often fetches steep prices on Ebay. Ever since the animation genre began to flourish on the DVD medium, this has been among my most-wanted and requested titles!

It is definitely a childhood favorite and it's appeal still holds up strong in many more elements than just youthful nostalgia. It's chock full of rich & brilliant, detailed animation and wonderful original song compositions to rival even Disney's theatrical output of the time! This is a terrific animated fantasy film that for one reason or another, hasn't recieved the recognition it so well deserves, but has developed quite a cult following in the 20 some odd years since it's initial cable broadcasts on American television.

I highly reccommend that everyone whose a fan of traditional animated films, epic fantasy adventures and just great music and movies in general, check this out! It will certainly be a welcome and long-overdue addition to my DVD collection and I'm sure many others who grew up with fond memories of this magical adventure from their childhood as well!

COMING TO DVD: JUNE 12th, 2005!

[/C]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks