What's new

Jack Ryan collection (1 Viewer)

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
I was under the impression that this series of films was getting an SE treatment but can’t recall when they were getting released.

I did a search for information on this but came up empty. I must have been using the wrong search criteria because I’m sure it’s been discussed.

George See

Second Unit
It's already out, I picked it up a few months ago. It's a very nice set, especially for the 39.99 I paid for it.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, all four have been released. Beware of some dual pack specials which contain the older versions packaged with another film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The only noticeable difference in packaging, short of reading the spec list on the back, is "SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION" in small yellow letters on the covers.

If you're not careful, it's very easy to confuse them with the older versions.

Compared to the "SE treatment" of some other major studios, they're pretty lame.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Another easy way to tell...

The original letterbox releases have the "Widescreen Collection" banner at the bottom of the front cover.

The new 16x9 releases have the "Widescreen Collection" banner at the top of the front cover.

Not to mention, most of the new copies have a nice "Special Collector's Edition" sticker over the shrinkwrap.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Lately I'm having a hard time locating these box sets at stores in Calgary.

I still can't find the National Lampoon Vacation set and now this one. I had to special order Flight of the Phoenix because nobody had it.

I may have to start going on line to get these titles. It's just that I prefer the convenience of buying at a local store. If I have a problem I just drive down the street

F

George See

Second Unit
Dunno about canada but I actually haven't seen this box set around too much either. They had a few copys in BJ's where I picked it up, but now that I think about it I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere else. They do have it at amazon right now, I just checked.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip Michael. I think I tried Jack Ryan on a normal search. Regardless it appears that this set is MIA lately.

To bad about the SE treatment. I thought they were going all out with the exception of a HF commentarry.

I’ve seen Clear and Present Danger with the upper section of the jacket with the “Special Edition” tag but I haven’t been able to locate the box set on any Canadian sites that I deal with. I’m sure if I look long enough and pay some outrageous shipping fee I could get it.

The NL vacation series is in the same boat. I read about it but can’t seem to find a dealer that has it.

F

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Malcolm, This must be one of the few sites that has free shipping. Some of them sell the movie for a little less then local stores but charge outrageous prices for shipping.

I see that they have the NL Vacation as well.

Problem solved.

F

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks