What's new

Pre-Order Jack Ryan 5-Film Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91m58p2h2HL._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Would love to have Hunt for Red October in 4k. The rest I can live without.

But still, works out to $14 a film. Not a bad price at all for those interested.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not a bad price, but it took me YEARS of piecemealing the various Blu-rays of the Ryan films into my collection (I like all of them to various extents but not so much I had to have the Blus immediately when they were first released), four of which I had on DVD and just replaced as I found their BD counterparts for under $10 each. I think I'm satisfied with them.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Patriot Games was one of the first '15' rated films I saw at the cinema here in the UK. I think I was 13 at the time, so was very proud of getting in. I think I saw it three times at the cinema, then bought the VHS, LBX VHS, CD-i Video (remember that?!), LD, DVD and BD. One more won't hurt...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Would love to have Hunt for Red October in 4k. The rest I can live without.

But still, works out to $14 a film. Not a bad price at all for those interested.
Yeah, I'm at the point in which I refuse to replace all of my Blu-ray titles with 4K/UHD format. I'm going to pick and choose as I love to have Hunt for Red October, but not so much for the other titles.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Count me as another who would be interested in upgrading only The Hunt For Red October. I never upgraded from DVD to BD for that title. I've seen most of the other films, but don't care to own them in any format.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
HFRO only for me too.

Great ads in early 1990

“The Hunt Is On” all in Red on giant billboards.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Seems like a great deal. I like 4 of the 5. Sum of all fears though would gather dust like nobody’s business.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
OWN EVERY ACTION-PACKED JACK RYAN FILM IN
ULTRA HIGH DEFINITION FOR THE FIRST TIME

New 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray™ Combo Collection Arrives August 21, 2018,
Just in Time for the New “Jack Ryan” Series

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Author Tom Clancy’s renowned CIA analyst returns this August when the new series “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” debuts on Amazon. In anticipation, fans can catch up on all of the celebrated character’s cinematic exploits when a new 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo Collection arrives on August 21, 2018 from Paramount Home Media Distribution.

Featuring five 4K Ultra HD Discs, five Blu-ray Discs™, and Digital copies of each film, the JACK RYAN COLLECTION includes The Hunt For Red October (1990), Patriot Games (1992), Clear and Present Danger (1994), The Sum of All Fears (2002), and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014).

In The Hunt For Red October, the USSR's best captain (Sean Connery) heads for the U.S. in a technologically advanced submarine. While the American government thinks it’s an attack, a lone CIA analyst (Alec Baldwin) insists the captain is planning to defect. Both the 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs include commentary by director John McTiernan and the Blu-ray additionally includes a 29-minute behind-the-scenes look at the film.

Patriot Games finds CIA analyst Jack Ryan (Harrison Ford) thwarting an IRA assassination only to make himself and his family targets of a renegade faction. The Blu-ray includes a 25-minute exploration of the film.

Harrison Ford returns in Clear and Present Danger as Jack Ryan, who becomes embroiled in an illegal war fought by the U.S. government against a Colombian drug cartel. The Blu-ray includes a 29-minute behind-the-scenes feature.

Ben Affleck takes on the role of Jack Ryan in The Sum of All Fears. In this thrilling chapter, Ryan must stop a terrorist plan to provoke a war between the U.S. and Russia. Both the 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs include commentary by director Phil Alden Robinson and cinematographer John Lindley, as well as a second commentary by the director and novelist Tom Clancy. The Blu-ray additionally includes a two-part making-of feature and a five-part exploration of the visual effects.

The origin story of Jack Ryan is explored in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, with Chris Pine taking on the lead role. As a young covert CIA analyst, Ryan uncovers a Russian terrorist plot to crash the U.S. economy. The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs include commentary by director/actor Kenneth Branagh and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. The Blu-ray also includes multiple featurettes exploring the Jack Ryan character and his enemies, as well as deleted and extended scenes.

With four times the resolution and more than double the number of colors available with full HD, the 4K Ultra HD disc offers the highest quality picture for your home entertainment system. The 10-disc JACK RYAN COLLECTION will be available at Amazon and Best Buy. The films will also be available on 4K Ultra HD Digital through select online retailers.

About Paramount Home Media Distribution

Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), home to premier media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, consumer products, and digital content for audiences in 180 countries and territories. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

JACK RYAN COLLECTION (4K ULTRA HD/BLU-RAY COMBO)

Street Date: August 21, 2018

The Hunt For Red October

U.S. Rating: PG

Canadian Rating: PG

Patriot Games

U.S. Rating: R for violence, sexuality and language

Canadian Rating: 14A

Clear and Present Danger

U.S. Rating: PG-13 for some intense action/violence and language

The Sum of All Fears

U.S. Rating: PG-13 for violence, disaster images and brief strong language

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

U.S. Rating: PG-13 for sequences of violence and intense action and brief strong language

Canadian Rating: PG, not recommended for young children, violence, language may offend

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks