1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review Jack Reacher UHD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Neil Middlemiss, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Neil Middlemiss

Jack Reacher UHD Review
    [​IMG]

Based on Lee Child’s exciting character and adapted from the novel One Shot, Jack Reacher is a gripping old-school thriller anchored by a terrific performance from Tom Cruise, a foundation of brilliant filmmaking, and a hard-boiled, gritty feel that the big screen had been sorely missing. Paramount’s UHD is a nice upgrade over the already excellent Blu-ray release.

[review]

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    NM

3. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    I think the real problem with the Jack Reacher films is that the studio, Paramount, has no idea how to properly market them. This first film had a terrible teaser trailer that ran continously up until just a few weeks before the movie was released after many delays. I remember almost dreading having to sit through this film when Paramount screened it for Home Theater Forum as part of our Hollywood meet that year, a good two months before its theatrical release date, my expectations based on that teaser as well as the last few Tom Cruise movies. When the movie ended, I was pleasantly surprised.

4. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    I think you are right. While I believe Paramount has done a better job marketing their properties the past year or so, they had several years where they made significant mistakes.

Todd Erwin likes this.